Menu

Do spelling lists ever inspire you turn on specific songs?

I'm on my 3rd pass through AAS2 right now. Dd6 had the word "begun." So I HAD TO turn on "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters. After I started it, I realized I did the same thing when dd8 and dd10 were on this lesson. 

Every now and then curricula just MAKES me turn on certain songs. Am I the only one this happens to? 

Edited by MeaganS
  • Thanks 1

My kids are used to me singing for some songs. I think I'm famous for "Shot through the heart and you're to blame..." for "shot" and maybe "heart." There is also a list where, based on the example sentence given in the book, start a story about a young woman (Sally) who can't stop buying dresses. She goes into debt because of the many dresses she just has to purchase. It absolutely blew up into a long-running joke with all three of my girls. I don't think my boys have made it to that lesson yet, though. 

I am known, also, for singing songs when they spell out the word:  R-E-S-P-E-C-T, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, and Mitchell Hope's Did I Mention (for spelling out ridiculous). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RootAnn said:

My kids are used to me singing for some songs. I think I'm famous for "Shot through the heart and you're to blame..." for "shot" and maybe "heart." There is also a list where, based on the example sentence given in the book, start a story about a young woman (Sally) who can't stop buying dresses. She goes into debt because of the many dresses she just has to purchase. It absolutely blew up into a long-running joke with all three of my girls. I don't think my boys have made it to that lesson yet, though. 

I am known, also, for singing songs when they spell out the word:  R-E-S-P-E-C-T, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, and Mitchell Hope's Did I Mention (for spelling out ridiculous). 

"This s*** is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S."

I've refrained from playing that one. ?

• Haha 1