Menu

pumpkin seeds and vicodin

ktgrok

That's my plan for the evening, lol. 

I posted a while back about injuring my SI joint, and it was getting better, but then yesterday I had to shave down the border collie and then bathe him and that plus the already aggravated SI joint put my lower back into spasms. And I'm out of muscle relaxants so I took a vicodin. I love vicodin. WAY more than anyone should. (no, I don't abuse it, the only reason I have it is that I never even take what is prescribed...but man do I feel good when I do take it!). 

So I'm happily buzzed on a vicodin, and about to gorge on roasted pumpkin seeds while watching dog videos on you tube.  

Not a bad night, all in all, for a 42 year old mom, lol. 

(to roast good seeds, make sure you boil them at least 10 minutes in salted water, until they turn grey. THEN roast the. Makes all the difference. Or do like me, and add some bacon, maple syrup, brown sugar, and a tiny bit of vanilla and a swig of bourbon to the salted water. Then after draining the seeds coat them in melted butter, sprinkle some salt on them, and sprinkle a healthy amount of cinnamon sugar all over them. Then roast at 275 for 60-90 minutes, stirring now and then.)

• Like 5

I used raw bacon, but I imagine either would work. It was just to add a bit of flavor. I didn't even use a full slice...it was about half a slice, cut into small pieces. I'm not 100 percent sure it really made a difference, to be honest. The big thing is salt and sugar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

I used raw bacon, but I imagine either would work. It was just to add a bit of flavor. I didn't even use a full slice...it was about half a slice, cut into small pieces. I'm not 100 percent sure it really made a difference, to be honest. The big thing is salt and sugar. 

I appreciate the tips! I’m inspired to try roasting pumpkin seeds again and experiment a little. ? The results of my one and only attempt a year or two ago were rather blah. ?