Menu

After Saxon Advanced Mathematics

My 10th grader is doing Saxon Advanced Mathematics this year.  She wants to major in a science field.  I'm looking into options for the next 2 years.  The local CC only offers a few classes that could transfer to the university she's looking at.  I do not want to teach it myself,  so whatever we pick needs to have video instruction.   

We are doing Saxon Calculus with the DIVE lectures. My daughter still needs me to help about once or twice a week. Dipping in and out is very challenging for me but I don't have time to do all the lessons. If you don't want to teach at all this might not work for you unless your daughter likes learning math on her own. We also have a Larson Calculus book as a resource.

• 1 month later...

I am just starting to look, she thinks she will finish AM this summer.  I'm not sure where to go to fill 2 years worth of math, or which types of courses would be best.  I'm wondering about a statistics or number theory class?  

Given her very obvious ability and the need for a scientist to solve problems, what about AOPS?  They offer several advanced classes alternatuvely she can look into a University offering online classes to high schoolers like U of Missouri which offers lots of high level math for $250. 

• Thanks 1