Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
OKBud

I cannot see notifications or login while in Mobile mode

And I can not reply to threads while in desktop mode. 

So when I on my phone, I end up logging in twice if I am not merely reading the forum. 

Hi OKBud, I apologize for this. That sounds really frustrating. Could you tell me a little bit more about your experience: what browser and phone type are you using? Have you done anything like clearing cookies or restarting your phone? This will help us narrow down the issue and address it quickly. I'll make sure we correct this right away.

Thank you,

Mel

I don't know if this is related, but she liked two of my posts and my notifications didn't notify me. I've gotten notifications from others. 

2 hours ago, Plum Crazy said:

I don't know if this is related, but she liked two of my posts and my notifications didn't notify me. I've gotten notifications from others. 

Thank you. That is strange. It could be related. I will dig a little deeper and see what I can find.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, Melissa Moore said:

Hi OKBud, I apologize for this. That sounds really frustrating. Could you tell me a little bit more about your experience: what browser and phone type are you using? Have you done anything like clearing cookies or restarting your phone? This will help us narrow down the issue and address it quickly. I'll make sure we correct this right away.

Thank you,

Mel

Hi, yes, I am still having this problem. All my devices are running Chrome and I have cleared cookies and caches several times and my phone gets restarted every morning. 

Let me try to explain what happens when I come to the forum on my phone.

If I am signed out of the forum, I have to go to desktop mode to sign in. Clicking sign in in mobile mode gets me nowhere.

From desktop mode, I can see my notifications. However, clicking on them and going to the threads to read does not work in desktop mode. 

So what I have to do is click on each notification and open it in a new tab. 

Then I go into my settings and return to mobile mode. Then, on each tab, I am back at my "peace hill press dashboard" (I'm not sure what this is called). Then I hit the back button twice and reload the page. And then, and only then, can I see the post I had received a notification for. 

In practice, I usually go to desktop mode, sign in, click on any thread so that when I return to mobile mode it does not take me back to the dashboard area, then return to mobile mode. Then, I can see a red number indicating that I have notifications, but I can not click on it to get them. 

So in other words I pretty much only see my notifications once I am on a laptop or chromebook. 

If it means anything, before the forums switched over I always clicked on "desktop mode" when I was on my phone, at the bottom of the forum page (not in my phone's settings) and that always worked just fine. 

On 11/5/2018 at 7:53 AM, Plum Crazy said:

Oh that's weird!