Menu

What's with the ads?

happysmileylady

Gregory eats scrambled eggs!

Today at the library I found Gregory the Terrible Eater.  This was a favorite of mine even before I had picky eaters.  So I stuck it in DS6's set of books.

Tonight, he made me read 3 library books, and this is one.  In talking about all the various foods in the book, DS6 settled on scrambled eggs.  In the beginning, the moment he saw the eggs, he said "bleck!"  DS6 has never eaten eggs.  Well, by the end of the book, Gregory is eating scrambled eggs with orange juice and wax paper.  And when we were finished reading DS said he was hungry.  SO I asked if he wanted scrambled eggs.  He said YES!!!!!!!!

I jumped on the chance.  I brought him into the kitchen and set him up to MAKE the scrambled eggs.  Obviously I did most of the actual work, but he set his stepstool up, he cracked the egg pretty much all by himself, and then, I showed him how to scramble it before I finished it off.  At this point the pan I had set up to preheat was ready, so DS dumped the eggs in.  I showed him how to move them around but did most of that myself.  When we were done, I dumped them in the pan, sprinkled a bit of salt and tried it myself.  I could see he was so nervous, but he was willing to try. 

And he willingly put them in his mouth, and chewed them, NO GAGGING, and then proclaimed that He LOVES scrambled eggs!  Complete with belly rubbing and "mmmm MMMMM, SO good!"

I can now feed my son eggs for breakfast!  Wooo Whooo!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

:imagine that our old friend the party emoji is right here:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

He already eats bacon, and enjoys OJ.  

The idea that for 2/3 of my children, I could give them a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, a piece or two or three of toast, and OJ to drink...That totally beats the heck of of the a dry bowl of Captain Crunch.

22 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Today at the library I found Gregory the Terrible Eater.  This was a favorite of mine even before I had picky eaters.  So I stuck it in DS6's set of books.

Tonight, he made me read 3 library books, and this is one.  In talking about all the various foods in the book, DS6 settled on scrambled eggs.  In the beginning, the moment he saw the eggs, he said "bleck!"  DS6 has never eaten eggs.  Well, by the end of the book, Gregory is eating scrambled eggs with orange juice and wax paper.  And when we were finished reading DS said he was hungry.  SO I asked if he wanted scrambled eggs.  He said YES!!!!!!!!

I jumped on the chance.  I brought him into the kitchen and set him up to MAKE the scrambled eggs.  Obviously I did most of the actual work, but he set his stepstool up, he cracked the egg pretty much all by himself, and then, I showed him how to scramble it before I finished it off.  At this point the pan I had set up to preheat was ready, so DS dumped the eggs in.  I showed him how to move them around but did most of that myself.  When we were done, I dumped them in the pan, sprinkled a bit of salt and tried it myself.  I could see he was so nervous, but he was willing to try. 

And he willingly put them in his mouth, and chewed them, NO GAGGING, and then proclaimed that He LOVES scrambled eggs!  Complete with belly rubbing and "mmmm MMMMM, SO good!"

I can now feed my son eggs for breakfast!  Wooo Whooo!

You need multiple, photoshopped versions of this book so you can introduce new foods. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I loved that book when I was little!

Speaking of eggs, my DD came home from a church retreat this weekend and informed me she ate  eggs over easy there...and liked them!  This is my "but it's slimy!" (about everything) kid. Behold the power of peer pressure! ?