Menu

Accountability Thread 10/21-10/27

Good afternoon. Another week, another fight to keep fighting against the odds. I have a pitch contest coming up and query letters out on a novel. I'm so tired of fighting. But I keep on.

In school we are moving along in all subjects but French. At least that is steady, although I feel I should be doing much more. Today I am catching up on the backlog of housework and trying to keep my spirits up .

• Like 2

Morning. It's a Monday. 

Today's schedule: Latin, Math, Grammar, Literature, History/Science. Writing. We are all three of us deep in creative projects right now, so I have not scheduled any formal work in writing yet aside from that required in Literature and History/Science. 

For me: Latin, writing, housekeeping, drawing.

• Like 1

Critter- are your boys doing NaNoWriMo this year? Or too many other things going on? I think my oldest might be ready for it next year. 

The last couple weeks have been less than stellar with school work because of so many appointments and sickness. So this week I'm declaring fun project week so it gets us back to creative hands on learning, not just reading and documentaries, but no bookwork since after 2 weeks nobody is motivated to do that either. 

Today's list: new memory verse ✔, draw a picture to go with it ✔, math games ✔, funny writing prompts (in progress), geography project using magazines, set up new to us microscope and look at things from around the house. That takes care of morning subjects.

After a lunch and exercise break, dd is working through 13 Women Artists Children Should Know and doing the suggested project. Ds will be doing a color mixing project during that time. 

We'll do read a louds before bed. We used to do this but long summer days ended that. Since its dark and chilly early now, I think we'll start that routine back up. 

Its a lot of little projects! Wish me luck! 

• Like 1

Good Morning,

On Monday, we were expecting the exterminator so we were preparing for that all morning. We were gone all afternoon.

On Monday she did calendar, weather, trip to the library, park time, visit with her cousin and had a field trip to the pumpkin patch.

Today, math, Phonics Pathways, writing practice and her read to me. Park time and games 

• Like 2

Well, I am doing NaNo. I respond well to the word count goal. My most avid writer does not. So they will get to free-write, but I don't think I will press for a daily quota.

Today looks like a quiet one. Latin, math, grammar, literature,  history and science. Maybe lake for after. I need the water.

• Like 1

It’s been a couple of weeks, but we have been doing school in between the sniffles.  Still not feeling 100%. The dog has been a pill, but we haven’t been able to burn off all the energy because our field is a bit waterlogged.  

Stefanie

• Like 2

Well yesterday's project day went pretty well, all things considered. The microscope thing was a bust because it was, well, busted! ? 

The read a louds at bedtime didn't happen because we went shopping for some needed fall clothes (didn't happen the other time I tried) and we got back right at bedtime. The boys fell asleep in the car. 

I also realized that some of our supplies for fun projects were located in various closets through the house so today, I spent quite a bit of time organizing everything in a central location in the school room. They have already been initiating art projects on their own this afternoon so I think its a success. 

We also set up a multi day science project, did memory work, math games and practice on the dry erase board, dd did some Listography, ds was drawing like crazy and didn't want to stop to do my planned art project so I said he could do his own drawings as long as he wrote a caption with correct capitalization and punctuation for each one. He did awesome and he loved it!

• Like 1

Good morning! Today's homeschool list includes memory work, math games and practice, writing using Rory's Story Cubes, a geography lesson on something, I can't remember without looking at my planner.

Science is a "build your own bird feeder" project so we can continue to have visitors at our kitchen table window as the temps drop. Then art and read alouds. I have an art project ready to go or they can do free art if they want.

• Like 1

I'm sick and got little sleep. DH feeling better just still coughing but my coughing kept him up.

DD5 still has a cough but she is feeling fine. Asthma bothers her when she is running, laughing hard or crying now but not bothering her at night anymore. Sleeping soundly.

She has done calendar, weather with Halloween countdown, U.S. States Name, life cycles and Animal Wonders Montana on Youtube.

Dad played cards and board games with her and he will take her to Bible Club tonight.

Dad will do read alouds tonight at bedtime.

• Like 2

Yesterday was art, math, and Latin. I had a writing event all day yesterday. Did nothing but pitch my story to agents all day. Got a little interest, and I pitched well. 

Today: Latin,  math, grammar, literature, science,  history. 

For me: Latin, get some queries put together, writing,  sketching. 

• Like 1

DD is doing better. Her asthma not bothering her as much as before.

I'm improving but both of us cant get rid of the congestion/cough.

DH took the car today to work.

School done so far Phonics Pathways, Bible stories, memory verse, calendar, weather and Halloween countdown.

Just got call from SIL and the kids have strep throat. We were there just 2 days ago. Yikes.

Needs to do writing page and some math.

• Like 1