Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Farmers' market
  • Stop by mom's? 
  • Meal planning and prep cooking.  
  • House cleaning 
  • Help Dd stay on track with some schoolwork.  
  • Walk in the afternoon, if the sun comes out?
  • Read

Dinner is pork roast, roasted root veggies, and green beans.   

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

It's cold this morning with a wild wind -  45 mph. There won't be many leaves left on the trees after today.?

• make sure my car is running okay (had to jump it because I accidentally left the keys turned partway in the ignition overnight)
  • tidy up the house
  • get lots of cleanup done in barns and paddocks
  • go get food for the herd of college boys who will be over later (hope my car doesn't get blown all over the road)
  • see if ds20 can pick up some grain at the farm supply store on his way down
  • pick out and order lights for kitchen, pantry, mudroom, and main floor bath
  • look through new cookbooks
  • move October (newest kitty) back into her favorite hangout, the mudroom - she had to move out for a few days while the countertop sealer dried
  • dinner: ??
  • watch hockey tonight
  • Like 3

Howdy!  It is definitely fall, for those of us who were wondering ....

Not the best Saturday ever, but not the worst either.

• Kids' volleyball tournament.  Not a huge surprise that they lost right up front - they are young & outclassed in the league.  Also they didn't really seem awake the first half of the first game.  Better luck next year!  My eldest was not allowed to play because her sister erroneously told the coach her toe was broken.  Well I was of two minds about it - on one hand I think she really wasn't as injured as we thought on the first day.  On the other hand, per the chiropractor, she isn't supposed to be on the foot at all.  Would they have won with her playing?  Impossible to know.  It's all in the past now.  ?
  • TKD.  The kids didn't want to go, but they are behind and need to prepare for the upcoming belt test.  Teacher says they probably won't be ready in time, but if they come 2x per week they might be able to do the make-up test.  Now that the volleyball season is over and basketball / cheer has not started yet, I will try to get them there at least 2x per week and hopefully fix that mess.  I don't want them to fall behind and miss next summer's 2nd dan test.
  • Walked 1 mile.  Wish I had time for more.
  • Work planning discussion, blah.
  • Gave the kids their assignments for this weekend at home.  If they don't do it, I take their electronics for 2 days.
  • Some donation stuff.
  • Caught up on social media etc.

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Yoga & more exercise.
  • Bills.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4