Menu

SAT score pending

So, this is my first time seeing this message for one of my kids.

Does this mean it will take the additional week?

The report says:

We apologize but your score is still being processed. You should get your score within a week.

He took the test at our local public school and there was a lot of drama on test day. ? He got out almost an hour after he was expected because of mix up with tests and students with essay and without essay (He did not take the essay). He also had an additional fifth part to his test that was randomly chosen- his was an English section.

Commiserate with me? This is for my senior; and this is the last test score before the Scholarship applications are due.-

-Rebecca

Hugs,  I really do know how you are feeling.  Never had a pending message but had a big fat nothing for weeks while everyone else here had scores.  The score section never changed from the you have registered for the exam .........  A pending message is positive in my opinion because they must have the exams.  If it doesn’t change to a score within the week call College Board because it took many phone calls just to find out what the problem was. From all my phone calls I know there is a slower grading procedure for exams with issues on test day,  it sounds like the school followed the new instructions and your exams are just in a pile to be graded last.  Not great because you have deadlines but you will have your scores soon.

Our nothing meant the exams were lost by the delivery company.  We had to retake on a special day about 6 weeks after the original date...Dd was the only student to physically retake on our special day, hers were subject exams only given once a year I believe, Latin and German.  We did learn that there is always an exam made just for retakes which are more common than they admit apparently .

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

So, this is my first time seeing this message for one of my kids.

Does this mean it will take the additional week?

The report says:

We apologize but your score is still being processed. You should get your score within a week.

He took the test at our local public school and there was a lot of drama on test day. ? He got out almost an hour after he was expected because of mix up with tests and students with essay and without essay (He did not take the essay). He also had an additional fifth part to his test that was randomly chosen- his was an English section.

Commiserate with me? This is for my senior; and this is the last test score before the Scholarship applications are due.-

-Rebecca

We're in the same boat here! This happened to my daughter last time as well (with her May scores) and she did have them by the end of the day. So hopefully we all see scores by the evening.

Sounds like the curve was brutal (again), so this was likely another "easy" test (so the CB folks would say), so you miss less on this test than past ones but you scores does not improve at all.

*hugs to Rebecca and son*

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the curve was worse for the language arts part than the math part - my daughter's overall score was the same, but her reading/writing score (which she was already happy with) went down and her math score went up just a bit. So her superscore improved just the little bit that she was hoping for! I feel that she got lucky and I'm sorry that some ended up on the wrong end of the curve :(. It's just such a brutal process.

• Like 3

Yes- this was our experience, too. However, a superscore doesn't improve anything for him- and I also don't think any of his potential schools use superscore anyway. ?

And yes, my son felt really good after the test (on test day).

18 hours ago, kirag714 said:

I think the curve was worse for the language arts part than the math part - my daughter's overall score was the same, but her reading/writing score (which she was already happy with) went down and her math score went up just a bit. So her superscore improved just the little bit that she was hoping for! I feel that she got lucky and I'm sorry that some ended up on the wrong end of the curve :(. It's just such a brutal process.

On, on!

Rebecca 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yes- this was our experience, too. However, a superscore doesn't improve anything for him- and I also don't think any of his potential schools use superscore anyway. ?

Oh wow - I think that all my daughter's schools superscore which made me assume that was pretty standard these days.

As you said - moving on! All will be well in the end :)

My son’s scores went down ? He felt very confident that it was a good, focused day. Ate a good breakfast, slept well and was able to check over his work as much as possible. But I think since his scores were in the 98th percentile it gets very hard to improve at that level because human error is a large part of any mistakes made. 

The weird thing is he felt like he did better especially in math. He felt very sure of most of his answers and yet his score went down 20 pts.

The one area that he felt was most assuredly not due to human error was the grammar and mechanics. He felt like these were much harder than the test he took in May 

....edited to add, that also makes sense that it’s curved harder this time around...

Edited by Calming Tea

12 hours ago, Calming Tea said:

My son’s scores went down ? He felt very confident that it was a good, focused day. Ate a good breakfast, slept well and was able to check over his work as much as possible. But I think since his scores were in the 98th percentile it gets very hard to improve at that level because human error is a large part of any mistakes made. 

The weird thing is he felt like he did better especially in math. He felt very sure of most of his answers and yet his score went down 20 pts.

The one area that he felt was most assuredly not due to human error was the grammar and mechanics. He felt like these were much harder than the test he took in May 

....edited to add, that also makes sense that it’s curved harder this time around...

Calming Tea,

My son said the exact same thing about the grammar and mechanics section on test day. I was very surprised because that is possibly his strongest area - both on the ACT and the SAT. 

My son also felt that way about Math, and his score decreased 10 points.

Interesting!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Is there any discussion anywhere online on the latest SAT curve?

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but check out reddit's SAT subforum. There are likely multiple threads discussing the curve. (Unless you mean news articles again?) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RootAnn said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but check out reddit's SAT subforum. There are likely multiple threads discussing the curve. (Unless you mean news articles again?) 

I will look. Thank you. 

I really hope this curve doesn’t become their new “thing.” 

2 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Based on what I have read about the PSAT this yr, it will be similar.

We have friends taking PSATs this year. I feel bad for them. 

I wonder why they are going with easier exams and tougher curve. I know it’s supposed to balance itself out, but we found a tougher exam with an easier curve easier to handle. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Based on what I have read about the PSAT this yr, it will be similar.

Eek!  I hope not.  Dd did say it felt very easy.  

She took the August SAT, which she said was much more difficult than she expected.  She took all the practice/prior tests and said the actual test was harder than any of the tests she had used for prep.

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi, my SAT scores are pending too. My test from May 8 was rescheduled to May 22 and on MAY 27 I received an email from college board that my "SAT SCORES ARE DELAYED" So they can review and deliver accurate scores. In my test makeup email it was also written that I would receive scores around three weeks after test day.  However, on my Student score report this is showing up:  

Your Score is Pending

Congratulations on taking the SAT.

We apologize but your score is still being processed. You should get your score within a week; you'll get an email when your score is available.

If you still don't see your score more than three weeks after test day, contact Customer Service at 866-756-7346.

CAN YOU GUYS TELL HOW LONG IT TOOK ANY OF YOU TO RECIEVE SCORES BECAUSE MY APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 30TH. 

Old thread but a new question...  I think that most delays are short and can be due to something like there being more people than usual taking the test on that date (which I could easily imagine happening this year since many places were closed on the other testing dates).  That being said, a few years ago my kid did the 7th grade SAT and was too young to set up an online account.  They took the early Dec. SAT are results were posted/mailed around Dec. 20.  When we didn't get ours, I called and they said they were likely delayed due to the large amount of holiday mail.  When we didn't have them in early January, I checked in again.  It took repeated calls and emails before we found somebody helpful.  It turns out that my kid scored higher than expected for a 7th grader and the test was being reviewed, presumably to check for cheating.  The helpful person said that they would personally get ours done and to check back in a week.  We finally got our scores in...I think early February, although it's possible that it was the end of January.  I know that the timeline was closer to 2 months than 3 weeks.  Other people that took the test at the same site on the same day had their scores on time.  If you know anybody else at your site it would be worth checking with them to help figure out if it's a systemic issue or specific to your test.  

If it's been more than 3 weeks I would start contacting the College Board directly.  We started with email and got a bit of information but ended up needing to make several phone calls to get somebody who actually seemed willing to do anything to try to figure out what the problem was.