Menu

15 Years is Big Metal Chickens (add your favorite humor, please)

Halftime Hope

I am going to need a lot of laughter this weekend to reward myself for working on our budgeting -- it's been a two-wedding year, with lots of guests, lots of travel, and helping get two households started. I've got to categorize and input all our receipts for a year.  I'm thinking work an hour, read a funny...my motivation is at an all-time low.   

Please post your funniest bloggers or articles, and if they are a bit raunchy, please note that so readers can pick and choose.

Here's a favorite of mine ...  never fails to make me snork with laughter.

And That's Why You Should Learn to Pick Your Battles    (moderate language)

Thank you,

Hope 

P.S. Now to figure out how to keep myself off the rest of this site this weekend...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Halftime Hope said:

I am going to need a lot of laughter this weekend to reward myself for working on our budgeting -- it's been a two-wedding year, with lots of guests, lots of travel, and helping get two households started. I've got to categorize and input all our receipts for a year.  I'm thinking work an hour, read a funny...my motivation is at an all-time low.   

Please post your funniest bloggers or articles, and if they are a bit raunchy, please note that so readers can pick and choose.

And That's Why You Should Learn to Pick Your Battles    (moderate language)

Thank you,

Hope 

P.S. Now to figure out how to keep myself off the rest of this site this weekend...

When this story came out, I happened to see one at the store and bought it and put it at the door for my husband. We had such a huge laugh that he started collecting these things. It was funny. It went on for a few years. We have since given them all away. But thanks for the memories!

• Haha 1

I used to write a somewhat humorous blog.  It was 2012 and I was learning photography and took a picture of the day.  I would post the picture but then my explanations about the picture got bigger and more complicated until I was just basically writing a blog post every day with a picture slapped on at the bottom.  ?

I go back and read it now and cringe at some of the grammar and rambling (not much time for editing when you’re writing a 1000 word blog essay every night), but they’re still fun to read.   Some of them are a real riot and some are only mildly amusing. 

https://dustylizard.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/death-by-chicken-truck-im-suffering-and-dont-distract-the-queens-guards/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Halftime Hope said:

Oh. My. Word.  I was trying to read this in a quiet public place and I had to stop because it was too funny.  It hit very close to home, as I've been threatening dh with a giant chicken for several years.  I'm going to have him read this.  He'll be so pleased I spent the money on new towels instead, LOL.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I know you said blogs and articles, but if you go to YouTube and look for Jim Gaffigan's stand up videos, you'll probably get a good laugh.  He's clean and he cracks dh and I up.   He even got a bit about staying alive so he can eventually attend his daughter's wedding, so it may be particularly funny for you. 

We love Jim Gaffigan, he's hilarious!

On 10/19/2018 at 7:47 AM, Halftime Hope said:

And That's Why You Should Learn to Pick Your Battles   

That one is classic. Did you see the next year's anniversary? The one with the sloth? ?

https://thebloggess.com/2012/07/04/the-man-deserves-a-damn-medal/

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2