Menu

DE Transcript for current semester?

Penguin

I am so anxious that my DS's application will be marked incomplete.

He is doing dual enrollment at the community college, but this is his first semester there. Since he has no grades, does he have a transcript to send with college apps?

He would of course send a transcript as part of the mid-year report.

Edited by Penguin

I could have deleted this and marked it never-mind, but maybe it will help someone else. I called the CC and yes, there is a transcript that can go out - it shows enrollment in the current class . It just doesn't show any grades. And if it is going to an out-of-state school then it gets mailed. So I am glad we did not wait until the last minute.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a good thread, Penguin. It will help someone in the future. So many times, the answer is, "it depends." Glad you called the schools and have your answer. (Also, better to not waste the $$ sending to places who do not want it yet because you will have to send them all over again when grades are in.)

I will have to check which schools will want the DE transcript for my DD at semester. I don't think any of the rolling admission schools she got into need me to send it (or midterm grades), but I will need to send it to the RD school she applied to. And, of course, I will send a final one wherever she decides to attend. Saves me some $.

• Like 2

Actually, the CC sends transcripts for free but processing time is fixed and postal mail is the only option. 

I had become accustomed to 4 yr schools that offer electronic transcripts as well as rush service (for an additional fee, of course). 

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 1