Menu

Shoes and different sized feet

Rachel

My feet are different sizes but it rarely matters when I buy shoes. I fit the bigger foot and it usually works just fine. But I just bought a pair of Born booties. I love the style, I’ve been looking for something to wear with socks and jeans for a couple years and thought I’d finally found the right combo.

The 8.5s fit perfectly on the left foot but are way too small on the right. At first I thought I could maybe get them stretched but they are really too short. I ordered the 9s, they fit my right fit perfectly and are way too big on my left foot! I walked around the house for an hour today with an unmatched pair and they felt perfect. My husband suggested I keep both pairs until I told him what I paid. I do typically wear these types of shoes for several years, but buying both pairs is definitely more than I’m comfortable spending. I can’t knowingly send back an unmatched pair either.

Different sized feet aren’t that uncommon. I know Brooks will sell different sizes through running shops. Is there a website or someplace where I could try to sell my unmatched pair? Anyone else deal with this?

I have to pad the toe area of my Børn ankle boots because the ankle area is soft and my smaller left foot will slide forward. I don’t have to do that for my other mid calf or ankle length boots as they are stiffer at the ankle area so my foot doesn’t slide forward. I am hard on my heels though. 

I’ll ask Børn since you are looking for a particular model. DSW has mismatched shoes on their clearance racks sometimes. 

• Like 1

I called Zappos and Born, no luck. 

Apparently Birkenstock, LL Bean, Healthy Feet Store (Zappos recommended them),  and Nordstrom will all sell mixed sized pairs of shoes. But none have the shoes I want. ☹️

@Arcadia, an insert of some type may help.   They are leather so I assume they will stretch a little over time and if that’s the case, they will be way too big. I don’t normally have an issue so it must be something about this particular style. 

Amazon will sell mismatched sizes...if a person orders 2 different sizes and accidentally keeps one of each while sending the others back...?

Sorry that's not real advice. I would have never done it knowingly (and in fact didn't know for many months). 

• Haha 1