Menu

GF/DF dessert recipes, please

silver

My home is gluten free, so no worries about cross contamination of gluten, and I have a bunch of weird flours already (my family doesn't do nut flours, so we don't have those). We're not dairy free, though, so I don't have any "go to" recipes that are both gluten free and dairy free. Does anyone have a no-fail, go to GF/DF dessert recipe they are willing to share?

For the year I was both dairy and gluten free, the only thing I could tolerate vegan cream cheese in was GF/DF Oreo truffles.  Mix a pack of GF/DF "Oreo" cookies and a package of vegan cream cheese in a food processor.  Shape into balls and roll around in a double boiler (or the poor man's version like mine, with Pyrex hanging in a saucepan) of melted Enjoy Life chocolate chips.  The chocolate covers all of the weird taste of the cream "cheese".  Not fancy, but tasty.

Edited by BarbecueMom
  • Like 1

We like frozen fruit slush. It's sugary, but no dairy and no flour. If you google for it, you can find a number of recipes, which are not exactly the same as mine but are close and will give you an idea of what I mean.

The recipe I use makes a giant bowlful, which is great for parties, but you can also freeze it in individual cups, so that you can take out one serving at a time. It's always a hit.

• Like 1

Easiest option: the gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookie dough that's in the refrigerator section of Target.

Another easy option: Flourless cookies: 1 cup smooth nut butter (peanut or almond are my favorites), 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, add dairy free mix ins like chocolate chips as you like. You can bake like any other cookie- 8-12 minutes at 350 OR for a crunch outside and chewy inside, 18-22 minutes at 250.

Option 3: Fancy but requires a lot of attention - flourless chocolate cake (make sure the chocolate is dairy free), really good with fresh raspberries and homemade raspberry syrup.

• Like 1

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/deep-dark-fudgy-brownies-recipe

You can make these with gluten-free flour. I use AP Gluten free flour with xanthan gum (my blend contains brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, sweet rice flour and xanthan gum)

Avoid bean flours.

The espresso powder really makes it great.  I usually do add chocolate chips. Hopefully there is a dairy-free variety you can use?

ETA: I make these all the time.  

ETA2: this is the flour blend recipe I use: http://www.artofglutenfreebaking.com/2009/11/the-story-behind-my-gluten-free-flour-mix/

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1