Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• get ready for the workers who are going to be in my house all day - aargh!
  • call Lowe's, check on status of new oven that is supposed to be coming in today (really over trying to cook dinner in the toaster oven...)
  • school w/dd
  • office work (need to get a lot done)
  • put away laundry
  • dd has Art Club and then her violin lesson this evening, so I'm on chore duty alone - might try to get some of the work done this afternoon
  • dinner: frozen pizza, since it's a busy night
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good morning! I am up early because ds3 has tennis this morning (dh took him) and dd2 was not so quiet what with filling a hydroflask with ice at 4:55 am. I have a regular day here, mostly stuff at home.

• coffee/paper
  • send some emails
  • write/exercise
  • pick up ds3
  • school with ds3
  • daily chores
  • chat with dd2 when she gets home (done at lunch today)
  • make some quick breads or muffins?
  • ds3 to tennis
  • a few quick errands and back home
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner? 

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Good morning!  I just got a call to sub again for the afternoon today.  Just trying to catch up with DS14 and school work.  Why oh why do children insist on doing things the hard way when there is a much easier solution?

Done: coffee (may need another cup), DS17 off to school, get with DS14 about school work

To Do:

-DH takes DS14 to co-op (so sorry I will miss this as today they are bringing in a food truck for lunch and the food truck will have Taylor Ham sandwiches, which take me back to my childhood in NJ)
-drop off and pick up library books
-substitute teach

-work with DS14 some more (needs to start a short lit paper due Friday)
-touch base with the boy I tutor's mother (said child informed me he hasn't yet read his civics book because the teacher hasn't told him to....and he isn't sure why he has a D)
-eyebrow appointment at 5:45 (already set 2 alarms since I missed the last one)
-dinner (something involving shrimp)

ETA:
-think about working out

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 3

Hi guys, happy Wednesday!  I thought I'd be back to normal after last week's birthdays, but nope ... I now enter into the world of a one-legged kid.  Funny that 2 kids made it over 11 years before this happened.

• Let's not discuss how many alarms / snoozes happened this morning.
  • Woke kid up about 5am to study.
  • Got some work done.
  • Other kid up at 6:45.
  • Coffee.
  • More work done.  1 work email sent.
  • Helped kid with homework re "how I can improve my success in school."  Surprising how hard it is to think of 10 ways to improve.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Drove kids to school.  They would not allow me to humiliate them by helping Miss Crutches get her stuff up to the classroom.
  • Cleaned kitchen.
  • More coffee.
  • Sent email to client to hold off his inquiries while I check social media etc.

To do:

• Work.
  • Bills.
  • Make parent-teacher appointments.
  • Told the kids to come home on the bus since they are so big and bad they don't need me to help carry stuff.
  • Driver will take Kid 2 to horse riding and then Kid 1 to gymnastics (she needs to watch the routine even though she can't participate).
  • Kids can make dinner since they don't have homework / next school day is Monday.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

School

Violin lessons for 2.  

Lunch

School

Dance class for 5 - early night home!  

I may have to call and adjust the doc apts I made for all 5 kids.  One kid was supposed to have an apt yesterday, which now got switched to Thursday and I don't want her to be sore from shots. I know that will affect things. 

• Like 4

Just found out I missed the deadline to sign up for parent-teacher conferences.   So now it depends on whether the teacher will email me back with a time.  Ugh.  Not winning the mom of the year award this year.

I almost finished a big report ... hopefully will finish before the next work day ... but it's at least a week past the targeted date, which sucks ... not sure I'll ever get stuff under control.

Time to go downstairs and check in with my kid who I haven't seen since 8am.

• Like 4

Well my kid slipped off to bed and doesn't want to go to her gymnastics class today.  She also says she didn't do well on 2 tests today.  I probably should have kept her home.  She would have the whole 4-day weekend to study.  Oh well. 

• Like 4