Menu

a small sadness

Noreen Claire

My baby is 2 today.

He's our last (planned, on-purpose) baby, and now he's not a baby anymore. He's still in diapers and breastfeeding three times a day, but there are signs that both of those things will be over soon, too. I'm a bit melancholy this morning...

Please tell me how great it is to be out of the baby phase - I'm going to need it today!

• Like 2

I feel you.  Same for me except our youngest turned 3.  

Some days I am so happy I will never have a 1 or 2 year old.  I love those ages.  But other times I so sad.   

But yeah things get easier right?  You will be sleeping through the night, outings get easier, you won't have to changes diapers any more soon.  

• Like 1

Happy birthday to your baby!

I have loved seeing ours grow and change, and each stage is always my favorite.  I love having older kids now, the conversations, the friends, seeing them come into their own as people.  

Maybe you can celebrate the baby years and how much you’ve loved them, and also find a way to look forward to seeing these wonderful little people grow into big, independent people?  

Ok, and there’s something to be said for sleep and no diapers, too, for me. ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Weren’t you the one saying how done you were with being touched and having babies and nursing for decades?  Throw a party and focus on the next stage and freedom of being your own untethered person!  Babies are nice,  but grandbabies come soon enough ?

Yup, that's me. I totally should not have any more babies...my mental, physical, and emotional health would suffer. I'm still mourning the baby phase. I still have baby fever!

• Like 1

No more carrying a diaper bag.

No more leaky b00ks.

No more stinky trash (if disposable) or gagging over the washer (if cloth).

No more waking in the night a bazillion times and stumbling around like a zombie during the day.

I went through all of the feelings with Youngest, and I've got to say now that I'm on the other side, it's fabulous.  

• Like 3

I came to the point where is missed th e baby stage.  I enjoyed it in the moment but I would not want to go back.  But I must say I am so looking forward to grandsons arrival the end of November  and be able to hold a baby, smell the top of his head and enjoy him.

• Like 2