Menu

What's with the ads?

Laura Corin

Just popping back in...

Thanks for the update. How is Calvin doing?

Every yr when I pull Latin Prep off my shelf for another one of my kids, I am thankful for your sharing it.  I was never able to convince myself to stick with Latin until LP! 

• Like 2

I’ve missed you!

More specifically, was wondering the other day whether there is Galore Park for high school and of course I thought of you. 

Hope empty nesting is tolerable. 

So good to "see" you again, and great to hear your update. Would love it if you might be able to pop in every so often!

[You might enjoy the Book A Week thread on the Chat board, for example.]

• Like 1

How fun to see your update, Laura.  Wishing you, Calvin, and Hobbes well!

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 1:58 AM, Laura Corin said:

Thanks to all for your support over the years.  I just popped back in to answer a question on the chat board.  While I'm here:  Hobbes got into his first choice university.  It was a bit of a drama because his results were not good enough to study English and French (his school was pretty rubbish at foreign languages) so he had to decide whether to try to go to another university for English/French or drop the French and go to his first choice.  He did the latter and they let him in.  I'm really happy - I don't think he has a good foundation in French and it would have been a struggle.  He's been at university for a few weeks and seems to be doing well.

Hobbes is at university? He can't be. He's still something like 11 - in my head.

It's so good to "see" you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi Laura!  So good to see you here - can't believe Hobbes is off at college!  My youngest is pretty much full time at the CC now, and will be heading off to university in the fall.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, Lori D. said:

So good to "see" you again, and great to hear your update. Would love it if you might be able to pop in every so often!

[You might enjoy the Book A Week thread on the Chat board, for example.]

I second this!  :biggrin: