Menu

CSS Question Highschool Unlisted or Homeschool ; Also what about Curriculum Costs?

SNOWY

We home school. On the CSS form do we check off highschool unlisted? or home school? 

One of us is concerned that the home school box is not for all home schoolers but maybe for a home school group in  a designated city.

Does anyone know?

And private schools can list expenses? Can homeschoolers list a cost for books, CC classes, online classes, i.e. Rosetta Stone, etc?

• Like 1

CSS Profile is run by College Board, which also runs the SAT and AP tests. The tests have homeschoolers register as "homeschool", so I would *guess* it would be the same for the CSS Profile. Don't know about listing expenses, but here is the webpage that has links to contacting CSS by phone, email, or chat to clear up any questions or confusions. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. My husband explained his problem better. When he clicked on home school it said something like "homeschool clearing house" and that does not seem correct. But does seem odd.

Still wondering if we can list home school costs incurred like private school expenses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNOWY said:

Thanks for the response. My husband explained his problem better. When he clicked on home school it said something like "homeschool clearing house" and that does not seem correct. But does seem odd.

Still wondering if we can list home school costs incurred like private school expenses.

I think we listed expenses paid to outside providers including community college and online providers.  I didn't include courses I taught at home, books, or supplies.

I think we did include medical costs of having all three kids in braces.  Lol. ?‍?

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)
  • Like 1