Menu

Wool dryer balls at Trader Joe's

marbel

For a few years I've seen wool dryer balls on sales online and in real life.  I'm so attracted to them yet they have always seemed to expensive for a nonessential item. But last week I saw a bag of 4 at Trader Joe's at a much lower price ($5.xx) than I'd ever seen them, so I bought them.  Now I'm using them.. I don't really know if they make a difference, but... I'm using them.  Maybe stuff is drying more quickly?  Not sure if it's any softer.  

Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who has been thinking of them but wasn't sure they'd be worth the money.  

Of course I am certain that the alpaca dryer balls I saw at a craft show last Christmas for $20 each would be much better.  Right?  ?

My husband loves the wool dryer balls. He puts in eight dryer balls for a full load of laundry. They do get stuck in DS12’s polo shirt’s long sleeves. The ones we are using should be this link 6 dryer balls for $7.79

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014WOWNAY/

This link looks like an identical product and is 6 for $6.99 

https://www.amazon.com/Wool-dryer-balls-Fabric-Softener/dp/B07DD8JVR6/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aaplank said:

I've tried wool dryer balls, actually homemade alpaca fiber ones. They didn't seem to make a difference and the static in my laundry was worse. 

Have you tried lowering the heat settings, or shorten the drying time? When we used the optimum dry setting on our GE dryer that we used with the plastic dryer balls, the clothes came out very hot. Majority of our laundry are 100% cotton because DS13 has sensory issues to clothing.

I bought mine at Home Goods, a pack of four for around $6.00.  It does make the dry time quicker, at least for towels and jeans.  We hang out shirts, other items to dry to avoid shrinkage, wear and tear.  I have noticed less static, but that also might be our particular climate.  

• Like 1