Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  I was given a substitute teaching job today so I will be teaching first grade.  I subbed at this private school 5 years ago, when both of my kids attended, but this will be my first day working while homeschooling.  We will see how this goes...

-coffee
-make lunch for me, pack my teaching bag, figure out what to wear in the 90+ degree heat that meets dress code requirements
-take something out of freezer for dinner - yeah, no.  Forgot to do that.
-DS17 leaves for school
-leave for sub job

-afterschool:  meet with principal to get details on project she wants me to work on  - NOPE.  Rescheduled for tomomrrow
-make sure DS14 did his work, look over his paper before he submits it (due at 5 pm) and check up on his biology project he was to complete for his online class
-dinner
-workout (I picked the wrong day to promise myself I'd get back on track with the workouts....)
-collapse from the exhaustion of having been on my feet all day

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Have a great day, Pink and Green!

Regular day here.

• School.  
  • Ds to/from swimming.
  • 2 errands.  
  • Call about flu shots and TB test.
  • Figure out dinner.
  • Grocery.
  • laundry!
  • Housework that didn't get done on Saturday.
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Another day of pouring rain. This is the longest stretch of wet weather I can ever remember. All of us - humans, dogs, and horses- are crabby about it. (The cats just get to lounge around inside, living the easy life, so they don't care.?)

In the continuing saga of everything in our house breaking at once, yesterday the pantry doorknob fell off and our fridge went on the fritz. So today I will be dealing with those things, as well as finalizing plans for our new roof to replace the leaky one we currently have. Sigh.

• school w/dd
  • office work (piles of bills)
  • spend lots of $$ on house repairs
  • order new sheets
  • order a few pairs of new jeans
  • plan my week
  • water plants
  • dinner: hot buffalo chicken dip (vegan style) and a big salad
  • Like 4

Good morning! You will do great, Pink and Green! It is rainy and cold here, so I am going to finally change out my closet. Ds3 has three days of school left. My dmil was super supportive of homeschooling last night at dinner- she has done a 180 on homeschooling since we started. Time, familiarity, and success completely changed her mind. Plus she is a tennis fan and ds3's first sponsor ?.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • exercise-probably just some stretching, my back is sore
  • daily chores
  • change out closet-get a box ready for goodwill
  • jen things
  • maybe bake- dd2 requested a lemon blueberry loaf
  • pick up ds3 (tennis will surely be canceled-it is supposed to rain most of the day)
  • figure out dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Hi guys.  As usual, I'm late getting some client work out because I didn't do everything I intended to do over the weekend.  Plus I was up most of the night wasting time.  Dang my insane sleep "patterns."  So ... it's that kind of day.

• Slept maybe an hour after being up nearly all night.
  • Got kid up early to study for math quiz.
  • Packed for kids' evening activities (but I forgot to send $$ for a snack to eat between school & volleyball practice).
  • Both kids ready & off to the bus stop on time, yay.
  • Ate the kids' breakfast leftovers.
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Folded a load of laundry; last load now in the dryer.
  • Checked emails, social media, news.
  • Coffeeing up.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• Try to work efficiently.
  • Finish switching to new computer.
  • Yoga, walking / running.
  • Finish the laundry.
  • Bills.
  • AHG newsletter.
  • Sign kid up for next session of gymnastics.
  • Some personal filing and stuff.
  • Figure out snack to send for kid to eat between volleyball & gymnastics.
  • Kids will be driven by others & get home around 7:30 / 9:00.
  • Kids' work.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work / sleep.
  • Like 6

Hi, guys! I'm in Ohio and enjoying the visit with family. We had a fun time at a pumpkin patch with our niece's family yesterday. 

I hope your day has gone well, Pink and Green!

Dd is upset because a sexual assault happened on campus. A girl was in the ceramics room by herself. Dd has been in that very room alone at night, too. Dd said that building is old and easy to get into. It's an old elementary school that they annexed. 

We were going home on Wednesday, but we may wait until Thursday because of the hurricane going across Georgia that day. We're watching the weather and waiting to decide. 

I don't have a lot of "to dos" this week while here, but ds needs to take a physics test and a government test in the next two days. I'm only requiring co-op class school this week, so he'll start the next chapters in those subjects, and he's reading Silas Marner for literature. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

Dd is upset because a sexual assault happened on campus. A girl was in the ceramics room by herself. Dd has been in that very room alone at night, too. Dd said that building is old and easy to get into. It's an old elementary school that they annexed. 

Ugh, Amy. That would be very upsetting. Just a few nights ago, there was a sexual assault a few blocks off campus where my boys go to school. A woman was walking home at night and a guy followed her, grabbed her, and assaulted her right in the middle of the street. Luckily, she screamed loud enough that people came out of their houses and the guy ran off. He was caught the next day. He isn't a student at the university, just a guy in his 20s who lives in the town.  After he was arrested, women on Facebook were saying that the same guy had been hanging around a grocery store parking lot and harassing and following women. ?

• Sad 5

Ugh, Amy and Selkie. Those situations stink.

The good news:  my little first graders were great today (I love that age - they are so happy and just want to help).

The bad news:  DS14 is not quite ready to handle working on his own.  He said he worked all day (and I believe it) but he is in tears and still has several subjects left.  Not quite sure what is going on.

• Like 4

Done:

• Made kids finish up some things that didn't get done this afternooon.
  • Vacuumed
  • General tidying. I am the only one here who can put things where they go in a 5 minute quick sweep. Everyone else takes 30 minutes to get 1/5 as many things put away. 
  • Cleaned two bathrooms
  • Baked pumpkin custard. Gotta use up all the butternut squash we get in our CSA box. None of us is too fond of it in soup. 
  • Cleared my inbox! 
  • RA

Next up:

Hot tea and a novel

• Like 4