Menu

What's with the ads?

HollyDay

Gluten free care packages!!

I just discovered Amazon has gluten free care packages!!!!  I sent one to dd last week when she was sick.  Dd said everything in it was very tasty and could I send her another?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Woodland Mist Academy said:

It looks like they have several kinds of care packages. Do you know if they sent exactly what was listed or just a random assortment of gluten free snacks?

Dd's package was exactly what was listed. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing. We have looked at the various on-campus sports team care package but none of them were gf. I do send made gf brownies and cookies frequently because she doesn't get those on-campus.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, Arch at Home said:

Thank you for sharing. We have looked at the various on-campus sports team care package but none of them were gf. I do send made gf brownies and cookies frequently because she doesn't get those on-campus.

Dd's dorm is an apartment style dorm. I send her King Arthur care packages of GF mixes.  She likes the cookie, brownie, banana bread mixes the best

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, HollyDay said:

Dd's dorm is an apartment style dorm. I send her King Arthur care packages of GF mixes.  She likes the cookie, brownie, banana bread mixes the best

It is good to know that King Arthur is good. I may need this info once one of my kids move into an apartment. We went gf long before mixes were plentiful and have not experimented with them. In addition, with 4 out of 5 being gf, mixes get pricey.

12 hours ago, Arch at Home said:

It is good to know that King Arthur is good. I may need this info once one of my kids move into an apartment. We went gf long before mixes were plentiful and have not experimented with them. In addition, with 4 out of 5 being gf, mixes get pricey.

Totally agree.  The store bought mixes and breads are $$$$  I bought a loaf of bread this weekend and it was $10!!!!  I keep it for youngest dd to make sandwiches for her to take to college. No one else eats it..just too expensive.  America's Test Kitchen has a good recipe book with a nice bread recipe.  It needs lots of different ingredients.  I haven't found a great, inexpensive, easy way to do GF yet. 

On 10/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, HollyDay said:

Totally agree.  The store bought mixes and breads are $$$$  I bought a loaf of bread this weekend and it was $10!!!!  I keep it for youngest dd to make sandwiches for her to take to college. No one else eats it..just too expensive.  America's Test Kitchen has a good recipe book with a nice bread recipe.  It needs lots of different ingredients.  I haven't found a great, inexpensive, easy way to do GF yet. 

ATK has two really good GF cookbooks. As for gf on the cheap, the best way is to eat naturally gf foods - meat, fruits and veggies, gf grains and grain-based foods. After that there is no cheap if are comparing it to a non-gf diet. Trader Joe’s, Aldi, and Costco combined have a good selection. I mix my own flour mix from flour and starches I order in bulk. Even so it is sill not cheap.