Menu

Ok I am going to ask after all...

Just in case this gig with TT doesn’t work out,

is there an online math program:

self paced 

has video or DVD lessons

graded -including homework -and they will keep student accountable for showing work? 

So far I know of Derek Owens 

my daughter really struggles with Derek Owens because he talks so slowly and there are several videos per lesson, which feels very overwhelming to her, taxing her patience.

any other options? Just in case our trial with TT doesn’t go well 

Edited by Calming Tea

4 hours ago, Calming Tea said:

Just in case this gig with TT doesn’t work out,

is there an online math program:

self paced 

has video or DVD lessons

graded -including homework -and they will keep student accountable for showing work? 

So far I know of Derek Owens 

my daughter really struggles with Derek Owens because he talks so slowly and there are several videos per lesson, which feels very overwhelming to her, taxing her patience.

any other options? Just in case our trial with TT doesn’t go well 

Do the videos have controls that would let her speed them up?  Sometimes 1.5 is still very understandable, but gets things going a bit faster.

• Like 2

THanks for the ideas.  With Unlock Math, we would have the same problem in that there's no required paper component.  So, it's more about dd and I keeping her accountable to do something that she feels she can skip, which is the problem.  ?

Derek Owens is all graded on paper, but I do feel it would be pretty cruel to restart her in DO in OCtober, without giving this a chance with the TT... ? Plus, she just finds it so hard to be patient with the very long lessons, slow voice, etc. ?

Live online math https://liveonlinemath.com/

We are using the recorded sessions for Algebra 2 this year.  However I "think" he only does the grading for you if you keep up with the pace of the online class students (turning things in when they're due for the class etc.) so I don't know how that would work for you. Showing work is required on quizzes/tests although the homework is self-check.  

• Like 1