Menu

Questions about upper levels of MCT

I've enjoyed the grammar and vocabulary instruction of the Island, Town, and Voyage levels of MCT. I don't see as much written about the upper levels, and they seem to be different enough that I have a few questions about them (Magic Lens/Word within the Word levels).

Is the grammar instruction as good in Magic Lens as it is in the lower levels in terms of clearly explaining grammar terms and concepts? I've read that Magic Lens gets really in depth about verbs. I'm hoping for good, clear teaching about mood, voice, and tense of verbs; does Magic Lens provide this?

With the lower levels, the writing books are a big part of the grammar teaching, where the details are fleshed out and punctuation rules are given. Is AAW the same way, or would we be OK to skip the composition books?

I'm not an expert at diagramming, but my kids and I have found that we can use the sentences in Practice Voyage to diagram. Are the sentences in the upper level practice books similar levels of complexity in terms of being able to diagram them?

I adore Caesar's English for vocabulary. We don't do any written work for it (not even tests), but my kids retain the vocabulary and apply the roots they learn to words they encounter in their independent reading. Is Word within the Word as good at teaching roots and clearly defining/showing the use of new words?