Menu

What's with the ads?

Quill

My next unintended challenge - UPDATED In 1st post

Crappy news ahead. I put up a post a bit over a month ago about cysts in the breast because I had a hard spot on Lefty. Well, the hard spot didn’t go away and, if anything, was getting more “organized” in the way it felt. So - in for mammo, which was due anyway. Also a breast ultrasound of Lefty. Then that sucky moment when the radiology doctor comes in to discuss images - never a good sign. He said, “I feel very certain this is not a cyst.” So I scheduled a needle biopsy, which I had last Thursday. Then the anxious weekend, waiting for a report. 

Call came today, on my 24th wedding anniversary and the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (I have impecable timing.) I have Breast Cancer, friends. I will know more after my meeting Wednesday. Thanks for your prayers and healing thoughts. I am prepared to do battle. 

UPDATE: surgery on the calendar Oct 30. I updated at the end of the thread, too, but we don’t have post numbers anymore. 

UPDATE: Lymph nodes biposy: no cancer in nodes! Also, clear margins from tumor excision! Woooooohoooo! 

UPDATE: Oncologist called today with my tumor type test. My score is 12. So, the short answer to this is that chemo is not recommended! Yay!! No chemo! 

Edited by Quill
  • Like 10
  • Sad 120

4 minutes ago, Quill said:

Crappy news ahead. I put up a post a bit over a month ago about cysts in the breast because I had a hard spot on Lefty. Well, the hard spot didn’t go away and, if anything, was getting more “organized” in the way it felt. So - in for mammo, which was due anyway. Also a breast ultrasound of Lefty. Then that sucky moment when the radiology doctor comes in to discuss images - never a good sign. He said, “I feel very certain this is not a cyst.” So I scheduled a needle biopsy, which I had last Thursday. Then the anxious weekend, waiting for a report. 

Call came today, on my 24th wedding anniversary and the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (I have impecable timing.) I have Breast Cancer, friends. I will know more after my meeting Wednesday. Thanks for your prayers and healing thoughts. I am prepared to do battle. 

You got this Quill.  Hang in there.  (((((Quill))))

• Like 1

Best wishes as you enter this chapter. I wish it wasn’t your next action item, but you can beat this.

• Like 1

Oh my heart sank reading this.  I am so sorry, Quill.  

Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

Oh, no.

when I saw your thread title, my heart sank but I hoped it wasn't bad news. 

I 'm really sorry you're going thru this, Quill. I know things haven't been easy lately, based on your other threads. I hope you get the best news possible on Wed. 

I'm sorry you found out on your anniversary, too. Ugh. 

(((Quill)))

• Like 1

You know what else. This is just really NOT FAIR. So not fair. Not that' its ever fair for anyone. But man. You've been through so much with your baby and the religion stuff and everything else. I am just so sorry. I am pissed and sad and all sort of things on your behalf. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Wow, that’s always very shocking news, and I’m sorry that you got it on your anniversary. Hang in there. 

• Like 1

That is crappy. I am very sorry. I'm glad you went in when you did and hope that will mean you have a head start in this fight.  

• Like 1

I thought this was going to be about your next paint challenge, or maybe SIL challenge...but not this. ? I’m sorry you’re going through this. My prayers are with you. 

• Like 1

I am so, so sorry, Quill. I pray you kick its butt. You did a great job paying attention and getting in there for your mammo! May you have the wisdom and fortitude you need for the weeks ahead.

• Like 1

Ah crap. I'm so so sorry to read this Quill. Praying for you and your loved ones.

You are a fierce woman Quill.

• Like 1

Oh Quill, I missed your other post, so I thought this was something different.  

I am so sorry.  This sucks. The whole way you found out on your Anniversary sucks.  UGH.  

I praying for you and sending every positive vibe I have to you. 

• Like 1

OK, I am not sending you anything soppy like love and good thoughts!

. Sending fire and fight instead. We're here for you. And I have the strongest feeling it will all be OK in the end. (And I never feel/say that)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, StellaM said:

OK, I am not sending you anything soppy like love and good thoughts!

. Sending fire and fight instead. We're here for you. And I have the strongest feeling it will all be OK in the end. (And I never feel/say that)

Honestly? Me too. I knew in my heart this would not be “nothing,” but I also feel like: Suit up, ladies. It’s showtime.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry you are going through this.  Sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs.  Please know we are all here for you whenever you need to vent.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quill said:

Honestly? Me too. I knew in my heart this would not be “nothing,” but I also feel like: Suit up, ladies. It’s showtime.

Honestly, or I wouldn't say it. 

Fwiw. Yep, showtime. Hugs.

• Like 2

Holding you in the light, Quill. I hope it turns out to be the kind that disrupts your life short term and leaves you a survivor.

• Like 1