Menu

Well-Trained Bodies- October Edition

Soror

Lifting tonight! I got to take my time instead of rush. I pr'd my bench press at 90#, only really got 2 (spotter helped me with 2 more so I'm not counting those). So close yet so far away from 100#. Did walking lunges with 25# db's in each hand (3x10), climbed the rope, did a few chin-ups(from a step- not hanging), and played around with some stretching a yoga stuff.

• Like 2

Last C25k run with the kids before their race on Saturday. The three kids all have wildly varying paces so dh ran with the slowest and Zi ran with the mid pace kid - she was tough to keep up with. If she can make the whole 5k at that pace I’d probably wrangle a PR. Not sure that she can. They’ve all done so well and ai can’t believe 10 weeks have passed!

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, mamaraby said:

Last C25k run with the kids before their race on Saturday. The three kids all have wildly varying paces so dh ran with the slowest and Zi ran with the mid pace kid - she was tough to keep up with. If she can make the whole 5k at that pace I’d probably wrangle a PR. Not sure that she can. They’ve all done so well and ai can’t believe 10 weeks have passed!

That is awesome, good for them! I need to look for some 5ks for ds, he wants to do some in the offseason. That is the course distance for hs cross country and he's ran that several times in practice. My first (of 2) 5k's - although that one was actually 6k- I ran with him, 3.5 yrs ago I think. No records for us, LOL, I actually ran 5 min slower race day than practice because I felt horrible. He barely beat me- I think we were at 39 min. 

Thursday at the gym- it is so nice to have time again!!! I'm feeling refreshed after a season of pulling back. Last night I worked on:

Bulgarian split squats w/ 25# KB 3x6 (each leg)

Push-ups 3x10

Lat pull-downs 60# x12; 75# 2x6 

Pike press in TRX straps 3x5

shrimp squat 3x5

And ds has an extra TKD practice Sat. because they have belt testing coming up so I'm going to go the gym while he's doing that; 3x this week, that's the first time that's happened in FOREVER!!!

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

I'm still out due to my knee. I did get x-rays back and nothing is broken, although the x-ray did show mild degenerative wear so I'm guessing that means no more high impact for me. I finally booked an appointment with an ortho doc next week who has a specialization in female sports injuries and rehab, so I'm excited about that anyway. I've lost more than 25 lbs. since July, and kept it off, so things are going well with my nutritionist at least.

Edited by FairProspects
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FairProspects said:

I'm still out due to my knee. I did get x-rays back and nothing is broken, although the x-ray did show mild degenerative wear so I'm guessing that means no more high impact for me. I finally booked an appointment with an ortho doc next week who has a specialization in female sports injuries and rehab, so I'm excited about that anyway. I've lost more than 25 lbs. since July, and kept it off, so things are going well with my nutritionist at least.

Sorry about the knee but KUDOS on the weight, that is awesome! I hope the dr. gets you on your way to recovery.

• Like 2

Lifting today! Did a hodge podge full body workout. I did dumbbell bench press and today I had no trouble whatsoever with the 30# dumbbells and got 10 reps. Lower body was meh. Used to I loved the squats and hated any split squats but now I'm preferring split squat variations. 

• Like 3

@FairProspects - Sorry about the knee! Congrats on the weight loss. That’s fantastic!

Friday I went out for my first solo run since the marathon. Felt wonderful. We ran our race yesterday. Ds ran by himself and surprised himself with his speed. He’s got bigger plans for running now. Dh figures he takes after me. He’s probably right, lol. My middle child did fantastic. Not as fast as she had hoped, but still amazing. My youngest initially was upset with me when I told her I didn’t think I could keep up with a 9:00/mile. She insisted that’s what she was going to run so I promised I’d try my best. Her goal turned out to be too ambitious for her. Still, so ridiculously proud of all three of them! Hands down, the most fun race of 2018. They’ve already picked out the next family race.

Unplanned rest day for me today. Spent all day in my car either driving a child somewhere or waiting on a child somewhere. Two weeks until soccer season is over. I am feeling slightly burnt out on soccer at this point.

My big surprise was that 9:00/mile. Turns out, I probably could have hung on until the end and gotten it in the low 9s. I also saw a picture of me from the race and found for the first time that I could say “hey, she’s looking slim” about myself. It’s been hard for me to see it. I think my perception of myself is finally catching up with reality. I still have some weight/body fat to lose, but I’ll take every step in the right direction.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wintermom said:

I've gone on a few hikes lately to enjoy the beautiful colourful foliage. Also got in a wonderful 2 hours of mixed doubles tennis yesterday evening. So much fun! My body is sore, though, as I'm not playing regularly anymore. 

Aww, glad you got some playing in.

11 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Mowed the yard for an hour the other day. There's still more yard lol. Hoping to spend more time outside since it's cooler. 

We need to mow here!

8 hours ago, mamaraby said:

@FairProspects - Sorry about the knee! Congrats on the weight loss. That’s fantastic!

Friday I went out for my first solo run since the marathon. Felt wonderful. We ran our race yesterday. Ds ran by himself and surprised himself with his speed. He’s got bigger plans for running now. Dh figures he takes after me. He’s probably right, lol. My middle child did fantastic. Not as fast as she had hoped, but still amazing. My youngest initially was upset with me when I told her I didn’t think I could keep up with a 9:00/mile. She insisted that’s what she was going to run so I promised I’d try my best. Her goal turned out to be too ambitious for her. Still, so ridiculously proud of all three of them! Hands down, the most fun race of 2018. They’ve already picked out the next family race.

Unplanned rest day for me today. Spent all day in my car either driving a child somewhere or waiting on a child somewhere. Two weeks until soccer season is over. I am feeling slightly burnt out on soccer at this point.

My big surprise was that 9:00/mile. Turns out, I probably could have hung on until the end and gotten it in the low 9s. I also saw a picture of me from the race and found for the first time that I could say “hey, she’s looking slim” about myself. It’s been hard for me to see it. I think my perception of myself is finally catching up with reality. I still have some weight/body fat to lose, but I’ll take every step in the right direction.

AWESOME!!! Congrats to all of them, that's wonderful! Congrats to you too on your speed and your self-perception.  Ya, for rest days!

The girls and I have been taking little walks and I've been working on getting stuff done around the house- homeschool planning, cleaning etc.

I think IRT working out I'm going to go back to dumbbell variations of squats and deadlifts. I need to look at my Strong book and see where I left off since I have more time and energy now maybe I can find one that will work. 

Note to self: make sure to take afternoon thyroid meds on time. I've been really snacky in the afternoon and then I realized I keep forgetting my afternoon dose an hour or 2 later, when my energy stays falling I'm looking for carbs when I really don't need food but thyroid hormones.

• Like 2

@soror - It sounds like you’re chugging along!  Can you set a reminder/recurring alarm for the meds so itks automated and someone/something else does the remembering? Re:5ks, there are some really unique ones out there - especially holiday themed ones. I often check the listings over at runningintheusa.com. I think you're in the US. If not, ignore that. ? Won’t help. If you are, though, you can filter by state, distance, and month. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mamaraby said:

@soror - It sounds like you’re chugging along!  Can you set a reminder/recurring alarm for the meds so itks automated and someone/something else does the remembering? Re:5ks, there are some really unique ones out there - especially holiday themed ones. I often check the listings over at runningintheusa.com. I think you're in the US. If not, ignore that. ? Won’t help. If you are, though, you can filter by state, distance, and month. 

The thing that got to me with all the local 5K races was the cost. I did manage to find a couple free runs, but then I didn't go to those. So maybe attaching a payment keeps more people committed to going! ?

Edited by wintermom

I have been a sloth for about a month, but I'm trying to pick it up a bit.  Yesterday I did 2.5 miles, including a mile "run" (which was a little jogging and a lot of fast walking).  I thought I would be in pain today, but actually it's no different from any other day, plus I feel a little less fat.  So yay.

I have how many days to prepare for the 5K on Thanksgiving?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mamaraby said:

Gah, I'm not sure what alarm I would set?? I don't keep my phone on me and it is often on silent (and I forget to put on the volume). Maybe I just need to start taking them after lunch. That is a bit early but better than too late. 

Thanks, I'll check the website, I am in the USA>

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

The thing that got to me with all the local 5K races was the cost. I did manage to find a couple free runs, but then I didn't go to those. So maybe attaching a payment keeps more people committed to going! ?

Yes, cost is a consideration, we've got to keep it cheap!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 7:48 AM, wintermom said:

I’m sure it’s partially that, but it’s also things like chip timing (not free), road closures and police/EMS (not free), permits (not free), etc.

If free is the desire, then maybe instead a sponsored training run would be an option? I can only speak about my area in the US, but about 30 minutes or so away there’s a local running store that often holds runs like that. It’s not exactly a race, but it’s got the group aspect of a race. Or a local running group that gets together to run? The later probably requires a certain pace. Sponsored training runs may be more pace inclusvie, but that’s going to vary too.

Fun runs and runs put on charities can be less expensive, but likely not timed. If chip timing is not a desire, and running together is, then maybe just setting out on your own route (trail probably is better because it cuts down on traffic crossing) and using a GPS app to keep time could be just as fun. 

Oh, or signing up a year in advance. Races are cheapest the day registration opens, but you really have to plan that out so that’s probably not so helpful.

Just throwing ideas out there. ?

I ran 10 miles of dh’s 18 mile long run. He decided to push the pace and while I could have done the whole thing with him, I decided being post-marathon gave me the privilege of saying “Yeah, I don’t want to work that hard. I’m done.” ? It was a great feeling. I took a rest day today. That felt great, too.

Since I haven’t had a chance to get a true race pace effort since May, I decided to use the local Turkey Trot ($20) 5 mile race as my chance to do that. It’s two weeks after dh’s marathon so while we’re both signed up, I told him this time I’m leaving him behind. I have just enough time to go through the peak training and taper phase of the 80/20 Running 10k plan. I’ll start that tomorrow.

• Like 3

I just got back from a trip to the east coast.  I was visiting my folks for my mom's 70th birthday.   It was a lot of fun.  I ate my way through South Jersey.  So many carbs!! And I did not work out at all.

So tomorrow morning I am planning on heading to the gym to run.  It will be raining (again!) here and I just don't want to run in the dark and rain.  Hopefully, I get back on track.  I've gained 2lbs in the past couple of weeks (I think, i'm not the best at tracking).  I am cutting out my evening wine, as well as trying to watch the snacks.  I need to get to the point where I don't feel bloated all of the time. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 AM, SKL said:

I have been a sloth for about a month, but I'm trying to pick it up a bit.  Yesterday I did 2.5 miles, including a mile "run" (which was a little jogging and a lot of fast walking).  I thought I would be in pain today, but actually it's no different from any other day, plus I feel a little less fat.  So yay.

I have how many days to prepare for the 5K on Thanksgiving?

Looks like you have about a month to prepare. The good thing is you can always just do what you can.

7 hours ago, Kim in Appalachia said:

I just got back from a trip to the east coast.  I was visiting my folks for my mom's 70th birthday.   It was a lot of fun.  I ate my way through South Jersey.  So many carbs!! And I did not work out at all.

So tomorrow morning I am planning on heading to the gym to run.  It will be raining (again!) here and I just don't want to run in the dark and rain.  Hopefully, I get back on track.  I've gained 2lbs in the past couple of weeks (I think, i'm not the best at tracking).  I am cutting out my evening wine, as well as trying to watch the snacks.  I need to get to the point where I don't feel bloated all of the time. 

Welcome back! I think it's good to rest and relax sometimes. I bet those couple of pounds will come right off when you are back to normal.

9 hours ago, mamaraby said:

I’m sure it’s partially that, but it’s also things like chip timing (not free), road closures and police/EMS (not free), permits (not free), etc.

If free is the desire, then maybe instead a sponsored training run would be an option? I can only speak about my area in the US, but about 30 minutes or so away there’s a local running store that often holds runs like that. It’s not exactly a race, but it’s got the group aspect of a race. Or a local running group that gets together to run? The later probably requires a certain pace. Sponsored training runs may be more pace inclusvie, but that’s going to vary too.

Fun runs and runs put on charities can be less expensive, but likely not timed. If chip timing is not a desire, and running together is, then maybe just setting out on your own route (trail probably is better because it cuts down on traffic crossing) and using a GPS app to keep time could be just as fun. 

Oh, or signing up a year in advance. Races are cheapest the day registration opens, but you really have to plan that out so that’s probably not so helpful.

Just throwing ideas out there. ?

I ran 10 miles of dh’s 18 mile long run. He decided to push the pace and while I could have done the whole thing with him, I decided being post-marathon gave me the privilege of saying “Yeah, I don’t want to work that hard. I’m done.” ? It was a great feeling. I took a rest day today. That felt great, too.

Since I haven’t had a chance to get a true race pace effort since May, I decided to use the local Turkey Trot ($20) 5 mile race as my chance to do that. It’s two weeks after dh’s marathon so while we’re both signed up, I told him this time I’m leaving him behind. I have just enough time to go through the peak training and taper phase of the 80/20 Running 10k plan. I’ll start that tomorrow.

Thanks for the thoughts! We're not so into it yet we need chip timing. The ones we ran before just had timers at the end, ds did have chips at his CC runs, they are pretty cool. Can't wait to hear about your race, I hope you smoke your goals.

The girls and I did a little bike riding Monday night, tackled a hill that used to really give me trouble. 

Short walk today and hit the gym this evening. I looked at my Strong book and picked one of the phases that had some flexibility and matched my goals, so I'm doing phase 7 now. 3 different workouts- presses, pulls, split-squats, squats, deadlifts, and some tough core moves. Finished the workout with some yoga/stretching, lifting took me about 45 minutes.

Last night the focus was press- I did the bench- followed by:

For bench I did 5 reps of 65#, 70#, 75#, and 80#

I was supposed to do another set of 5 but I wasn't feeling it last night. 

2x 10:

walking lunges w/ 25# in each hand

inverted rows

back squats75# and 80# (back squats have felt really hard lately so I backed up the weight)

lat pull-down 60 and 75# (I hate that there is such a huge jump in the weight for this machine- 60 is a bit on the easy side and 75 hard for 10 reps but I squeaked them out)

pikes w/ the TRX straps- HARD- 1 set of 8 or 10 can't remember

Oh, and I moved up my afternoon dose and I'm feeling much better and much less hungry.

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

So, very rough run today.  My left hip hurt, and it hurt a lot.  I tried to run less, walk more, but every time I ran it hurt.  I stretched for a long time, but the pain is bad.  My dh thinks it's bursitis.  Tomorrow was supposed to be lifting at the gym, but my dh has to work early, so I think I will do some yoga instead and see how it goes.  

• Sad 3

On 10/24/2018 at 9:25 PM, mamaraby said:

@Kim in Appalachia - Awe! That stinks! Hope the hip feels better soon!

@soror - glad to hear th change in med timing helped and you’re feeling better!

Speed play run today and a flu shot. Drove the kids all over town. Your average Wednesday.

Fun and not so fun!

On 10/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, Kim in Appalachia said:

So, very rough run today.  My left hip hurt, and it hurt a lot.  I tried to run less, walk more, but every time I ran it hurt.  I stretched for a long time, but the pain is bad.  My dh thinks it's bursitis.  Tomorrow was supposed to be lifting at the gym, but my dh has to work early, so I think I will do some yoga instead and see how it goes.  

I'm sorry the hip is hurting ? 

Great workout last night, except for turning to quickly and my face running straight into an iron bar, OUCH!

The focus was deadlifts, last time I did deadlifts they were sooo hard I swallowed my pride and went light. I'm supposed to do 5 sets, adding 5# each time (until you get to a perceived exertion of 8). Well, it felt good last night, I started at 65# and ended at 105# and honestly felt I could go higher but had already done a million sets and was ready to move on.

Other lifts: 2x10

bent over row 25#; OH press 40#, suspended lunge (back foot in TRX)- no weight; step-ups 20# (12-18 in step); standing anti-rotation- 30# 

And must stop the Halloween indulgence weight is creeping... and I felt horrible yesterday!!! 

• Like 3

Halloween is one of those holidays that holds little appeal indulgence wise for me, probably because most chocolate is not vegan and the vegan candies do not appeal to me. Maybe also because if I were going to bake, I would need to be home. And we all know soccer season means being home with that kind of free time is an illusion. ? @soror - feeling icky is no fun! Sometimes that helps me mentally shift the framework because then I can more easily avoid it to prevent feeling icky.

While dh and the kids did the soccer thing, I went with but got my run in on the bike path because that sounded more interesting than my neighbordhood route. 50 minutes total which began with me shivering and ended with me shivering after I had cooled off waiting for the soccer peeps to be done. I love running in the fall and yet sometimes I wish it were warmer!

I have an easy run on the schedule today and an interval run tomorrow.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mamaraby said:

Halloween is one of those holidays that holds little appeal indulgence wise for me, probably because most chocolate is not vegan and the vegan candies do not appeal to me. Maybe also because if I were going to bake, I would need to be home. And we all know soccer season means being home with that kind of free time is an illusion. ? @soror - feeling icky is no fun! Sometimes that helps me mentally shift the framework because then I can more easily avoid it to prevent feeling icky.

While dh and the kids did the soccer thing, I went with but got my run in on the bike path because that sounded more interesting than my neighbordhood route. 50 minutes total which began with me shivering and ended with me shivering after I had cooled off waiting for the soccer peeps to be done. I love running in the fall and yet sometimes I wish it were warmer!

I have an easy run on the schedule today and an interval run tomorrow.

Yes, I do try to focus on the health aspect, rather than thinking of it as a restriction. I can eat whatever I want but I don't feel good when I am eating too much junk.  I'm starting to get some free time again and it is glorious!!!

Good for you on the run but I hate being cold!

• Like 2

October has been a bad month for us.  However, I pushed through my workouts and only have 2 more weeks of Insanity left.  Love that program.   It has definitely lived up to its claims.  Only body weight and everything if toned.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2018 at 10:54 AM, lynn said:

October has been a bad month for us.  However, I pushed through my workouts and only have 2 more weeks of Insanity left.  Love that program.   It has definitely lived up to its claims.  Only body weight and everything if toned.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

(hugs) Bodyweight work is no joke, there is plenty of challenge to be had there! I was just thinking the other day how I've been missing the challenge of some of the bodyweight work I had been doing, the weights are just a different challenge.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, wintermom said:

I've gotten some biking and hiking in this week. Tomorrow dh and I have our doubles league and we play a really solid team. It should be fun and a good work-out!

How did the match go?

Lifting yesterday, no PRs but a solid workout and I focused on form. My squats felt better and were stronger than they have been. I'm not back up to my previous PR of 105# but they are looking good. Next week I'm going to start at 75# and see if I can make it to 100#. 

The hip curl was a new move and felt really awkward, not sure if I totally got it right but I could feel my muscles working so that is good. MY SL deadlift is a bit rusty too but felt ok. 

Back squats were my focus lift- 7 sets of 5 - 65#-95#

2x10; push-ups; body saw in TRX straps; upright cable row; supine cable leg curl; single leg db deadlift

I'll have 2 days off of lifting before starting in again Tuesday. I hope maybe we can get a bike ride today, the weather is supposed to be perfect. 

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

The tennis match went pretty well. We won the match, but I wasn't playing great. My pinky finger on my right hand has been healing since a bike fall in June. I was re-injured on Thursday when a man gave me a crushing hand shake. I couldn't keep the tennis racquet in position when returning hard shots. It's amazing how one little finger can play such a big role. My other fingers were trying to compensate, and now my whole forearm is sore. Luckily I have a couple weeks to recover before our next match. 

• Like 3

I went to the gym on Friday, and it felt good.  I look it easy with the weights, had a long stretch and then time in the sauna.

Today I went for a run. It was outside, in the sunshine, and it felt great.  I ran 2mins and walked 1 for a total of 3 miles.  I had no hip pain.  I don't know if that was from too much sitting the weekend before (on the plane) or the treadmill.  Maybe just the different type of running. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, soror said:

(hugs) Bodyweight work is no joke, there is plenty of challenge to be had there! I was just thinking the other day how I've been missing the challenge of some of the bodyweight work I had been doing, the weights are just a different challenge.

I did 5 weeks of beach body hammer and chisel and did get  some good results.  But insanity and the bodyweight workouts, the toning i was able to get and at 51.  I'll take it.  Beach body came out with a new weight program, liift4 i am thinking about trying along with running to finish the year.

How did the match go?

Lifting yesterday, no PRs but a solid workout and I focused on form. My squats felt better and were stronger than they have been. I'm not back up to my previous PR of 105# but they are looking good. Next week I'm going to start at 75# and see if I can make it to 100#. 

The hip curl was a new move and felt really awkward, not sure if I totally got it right but I could feel my muscles working so that is good. MY SL deadlift is a bit rusty too but felt ok. 

Back squats were my focus lift- 7 sets of 5 - 65#-95#

2x10; push-ups; body saw in TRX straps; upright cable row; supine cable leg curl; single leg db deadlift

I'll have 2 days off of lifting before starting in again Tuesday. I hope maybe we can get a bike ride today, the weather is supposed to be perfect. 

Edited by lynn
  • Like 4

A good morning at the gym.  While I miss having a solid program, it was nice to do a my own thing, focusing on what I need.  I'm also learning to love the machines instead of free weights.  I need to use the machines for the shoulder work.  It was the flys and lat raise that hurt my shoulder.  The other muscles are too weak to help stabilize. I'm now warming up the shoulder and using the machines.  love doing the reverse fly on the machine.  I also used the leg machines today.  I'm still doing squats and deadlifts, but I thought I would add curls and extensions, and maybe I'll add in leg presses too.  I can only do so heavy and do so many reps with the squats and deadlifts until I feel it in my back.  It's a nice change of pace. 

Happy Monday!   

• Like 2

Yesterday was an interval workout. Today was the first post 5k race workout with the kids. There was some grumbling beforehand, but I told them I wasn’t interested in grumbling. I was leavng at x time and anyone who wanted to run could join me and anyone who didn’t could stay home and either choice was fine. Grumbling ceased and the run was fun. There was also this big yellow ball in the sky that’s been absent quite a bit lately. It was a mystery. ?

Non-guaranteed entry for the Chicago Marathon opened today so I put my name in for the lottery. December 11th they’ll let non-guaranteed entries know if they’re in. I hate big races like that, but Chicago has sentimental value so I’m going to give it a shot this one time. 

• Like 4

On 10/28/2018 at 6:44 PM, lynn said:

I did 5 weeks of beach body hammer and chisel and did get  some good results.  But insanity and the bodyweight workouts, the toning i was able to get and at 51.  I'll take it.  Beach body came out with a new weight program, liift4 i am thinking about trying along with running to finish the year.

Whatever works and you enjoy it, so it's a win-win.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:27 AM, Kim in Appalachia said:

A good morning at the gym.  While I miss having a solid program, it was nice to do a my own thing, focusing on what I need.  I'm also learning to love the machines instead of free weights.  I need to use the machines for the shoulder work.  It was the flys and lat raise that hurt my shoulder.  The other muscles are too weak to help stabilize. I'm now warming up the shoulder and using the machines.  love doing the reverse fly on the machine.  I also used the leg machines today.  I'm still doing squats and deadlifts, but I thought I would add curls and extensions, and maybe I'll add in leg presses too.  I can only do so heavy and do so many reps with the squats and deadlifts until I feel it in my back.  It's a nice change of pace. 

Happy Monday!   

Yes, it is nice to do your own thing sometime and good for you for doing what works for you and enjoying it. 

15 hours ago, mamaraby said:

Yesterday was an interval workout. Today was the first post 5k race workout with the kids. There was some grumbling beforehand, but I told them I wasn’t interested in grumbling. I was leavng at x time and anyone who wanted to run could join me and anyone who didn’t could stay home and either choice was fine. Grumbling ceased and the run was fun. There was also this big yellow ball in the sky that’s been absent quite a bit lately. It was a mystery. ?

Non-guaranteed entry for the Chicago Marathon opened today so I put my name in for the lottery. December 11th they’ll let non-guaranteed entries know if they’re in. I hate big races like that, but Chicago has sentimental value so I’m going to give it a shot this one time. 

Kids!!!! Awww, keep us updated, good luck!

Just getting back in the groove and I had to miss yesterdays workout. It didn't hit me until Monday night that the kids had TKD testing during their usual class time so of course I couldn't go work out (and it last way late- we had supper at 8). They did so well. All of mine are so fierce. My youngest is loudest by far of the class, her teacher commended her for that, everyone is always telling her to be quieter but she says keep at it, be strong and fierce. They all got their board breaks on the first try with ease. DD1 did freeze up doing her form, the form she learned before the other girls and has been teaching them. She started crying, I felt so bad but she made it through and got over her nerves. (I'm not sure why stage fright hit her this time when she's done testing twice before). The girls are at Camo- the third belt, ds is at the recommended black belt, the last one before black belt.  Ds even had all his forms down and he had missed a couple of classes due to Cross Country and came late to several others. 

I thought maybe about switching up my schedule to try and get another workout this week but I think I'll just leave it at 2 days for lifting because the logistics and childcare for that would be a total pain. I'll hit it Thurs when the kids have TKD and on Sat or Sun with my lifting friend, then get back on schedule next week. 

Oh, I caught a new show on Netflix, Strong. Has anyone seen it? They had me from the tag line- the goal of fitness today isn't just about being skinny but being healthy and strong, YES! 10 regular women get to choose a trainer, each from different disciplines. But for this show, they do challenges with the trainers, so they are a team. Women that are eliminated get to continue training and they have an update on the one that is eliminated each week. 

I'm so excited for next month, I'm feeling more with it than I have since this summer (when the older kids started school, I started working PT, and dh started to college- things have been upside down). But I'm ending the month much better than I started it, my weight is currently 3.2 pounds from my preferred weight, down 2 lbs from the highest I've seen with the STRESS. I've had some indulgences here and there but mostly food has been better (as I get more efficient and have more time and energy).

• Like 3