Menu

Peri-menopause 21 day cycles

bethben

I am having 21 day cycles.  This is driving my bonkers.  Granted, they are on the lighter side, but I am wanted them to take a rest! 

I am taking 250 mg of bio-identical progesterone sublingually.   I started because stress has pretty much tanked my progesterone in that I barely produce any (I’m 48). At this point, if someone told me that the pharmacy was running a scam and not actually putting anything of substance into these pills, I would believe them.  Is this too little or does my body just say, “nah—don’t recognize it...I’ll just flush it”?  How much is too much?  

I can’t have her run blood work now because I can’t get to the office right now (broken right foot and a husband who’s already taken a ton of sick days for doctor visits for me and the kids).  She felt like I wouldn’t even get a period at this level.  

I am another that had 21 days cycles and/or spotting that lasted forever it seemed.  Now things have disappeared but for how long???  I never know after being so regular.  I am sorry you are dealing with this and that I don't have a solution to offer!  It's normal to not be normal.  Our bodies do crazy things during peri.       

• Like 1

It affects my sleep a lot.  When I get pms, I have horrible sleep.  When I have my period, there are a couple of days there I don’t sleep great either.  So, a 21 day cycle gives me maybe 7 days of ok sleep.  I have tried everything.  Even the prescription I’m on doesn’t work that great (it does treat my restless legs-).

Mine were all over the place for about a year before they stopped. I'd go two or three months with nothing, then twice a month for a few months (though flow was lighter than usual) then skip a month, then have a normal period, and on and on. It was frustrating because I had to be prepared whenever I left the house, not knowing if I'd start. I was very very regular before peri-menopause so never knowing when I'd start was a whole new thing for me. Sometimes I would think I was done for good and then - Surprise!

It took a while for me to realize I actually was post menopause because of how crazy my cycles were. For all I knew a period would show up just when I thought it was it was all over. My gyn finally convinced me I was post menopause after about 18 months of no cycle.

Edited by Lady Florida.