Menu

What's with the ads?

Pronghorn

Uploading Spreadsheet Transcript

I made a beautiful transcript for my daughter using a spreadsheet. Now, I want to upload it onto the common app, but it will not upload any of the formats I can save it into. It wants things like Word!

Is there any technical way around this or do I need to send my transcript by snail mail.

Can you "export" to pdf and then save that pdf document and then upload? Or save to Google drive and load from there? And if all else fails, you can contact the Common App Solutions Center, send it to them and they will upload it.

Also, check out this info at the Common App website, specifically on uploading documents. Here's the relevant paragraph about formats:

"The file cannot exceed 2000KB in size and should be in .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf, or .txt format. Also, please do not attempt to upload a document that is password-protected or that contains macros. Our upload feature converts your document from the native format to PDF and associates the PDF document to your application record. If you have difficulties uploading your document, you have the option to upload a native PDF file. PDF files will upload faster as they do not need to be converted in the system."

Edited by Lori D.

You can upload as pdf. Make sure to export as an archivable pdf that embeds the font, to retain the formatting.

What program have you used? It should be able to export as pdf because that's the standard.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

I have Open Office. It has an export feature that I am apparently using wrong because it creates a nonsense file! Perhaps my husband can figure it out.

3 minutes ago, Pronghorn said:

I have Open Office. It has an export feature that I am apparently using wrong because it creates a nonsense file! Perhaps my husband can figure it out.

how do you know it's a nonsense file? How does "nonsense" manifest itself? What program have you used to open the created pdf?

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, regentrude said:

how do you know it's a nonsense file? How does "nonsense" manifest itself? What program have you used to open the created pdf?

Ah. You hit the nail on the head! I was trying to open it with the wrong program. It looks like my nonsense documents are sense documents! Thank you!

• Like 4

An absolute work around is to print and scan. I did this so I could hand sign the transcript (which I might not do for my younger kids as high schools seem to just do digital signatures)

On 9/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Sebastian (a lady) said:

An absolute work around is to print and scan. I did this so I could hand sign the transcript (which I might not do for my younger kids as high schools seem to just do digital signatures)

I'm wondering about this as well. Are schools actually hand signing transcripts? 

Has anyone used a digital signature on the transcript and run into problems? I'm curious what others are doing this year and in recent years.