Menu

Chemistry sets?

4KookieKids

Ds9 really wants a real chemistry set. I’m not think subscription, I’m more thinking something similar to snap circuits- where we bought one big set and it and with instructions and explanations for 750 experiments that all build on each other. He doesn’t mind reading the stuff himself, and already reads lots of chemistry based library books.

I would like it to be mostly independent (so no dangerous chemicals and only occasional fires...)  Does anything like this exist? 

Edited by 4KookieKids

Thames and Kosmos has a line of them. They’re numbered, and just like Snap Circuits, the higher the kit number the bigger and more thorough the kit is. We’ve only done the C500, because I’m waiting until I feel I can afford the C3000 before I buy another one of them so we can just get the giant one and be done with it. In the middle are C1000 and C2000. Equipment was decent, explanations were good for someone who already has a hit of background, nothing in the one we got was any more dangerous than being a possible skin irritant. The tubes of chemicals were a little difficult to open, but otherwise DD was able to be independent with the small kit we got even at 6 years old.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Thames and Kosmos has a line of them. They’re numbered, and just like Snap Circuits, the higher the kit number the bigger and more thorough the kit is. We’ve only done the C500, because I’m waiting until I feel I can afford the C3000 before I buy another one of them so we can just get the giant one and be done with it. In the middle are C1000 and C2000. Equipment was decent, explanations were good for someone who already has a hit of background, nothing in the one we got was any more dangerous than being a possible skin irritant. The tubes of chemicals were a little difficult to open, but otherwise DD was able to be independent with the small kit we got even at 6 years old.

Love this! It sounds like exactly what I’m looking for!!