Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Æthelthryth the Texan

Nessie Q

HI - I do not have experience with Nessy, however we are using Mindplay and I think its helping.  You can get it for a discount at homeschoolbuyerscoop ~ but it's still $200 a year but I definitely think its worth every penny. (Truthfully I would prob pay more maybe.)

My youngest son does not have dyslexia (actually he won the reader award at his school as year), however, I'm making him do this and I do think it helps with fluency and reading comprehension. They will show the stats as far as grade level for reading, vocabulary etc etc etc which I find to be helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info about Mindplay. I will keep it in mind. Nessy was such a hit, I decided to do a subscription for both as a daily practice, but if he's still needing remediation after a couple of months with our new plan I'll definitely look into it. 

This is the first I've heard of this program. Though I don't think our oldest (recently turned 8 ) is dyslexic, I think he might enjoy this. And he definitely needs help with fluency. So maybe we will try this for a month or two.

DD is not dyslexic, but Nessy worked for her for typing when pretty much anything else would lead to tears and panic. They really seem to have a handle on being gentle and supportive, and she was willing to work for Nessy (the monster, I mean).

• Thanks 1