Menu

SI joint pain?

ktgrok

Ugh, so I had this pain when I was pregnant, but now the baby is 18 months and it is back with a vengeance. I'm sure that carrying her around on my hip, wearing her on my back in a carrier, etc is not helping. In the past I've tried Chiropractic care and it helps for about an hour, lol. 

I've found things online to supposedly reset it, but they haven't helped. I'm going to the doctor on the 25th for something else and may ask for some muscle relaxers to see if that will help. Any other thoughts? It's better when I first wake up, after resting, and bad by midday. Sitting in a car makes it worse, carrying the baby, etc. 

Mine hurt on and off for years. It could be excruciating at times. I did find the stretches helpful when done regularly. Not a miracle or anything, just a help. My pain stopped relatively suddenly for no reason that I could figure out, and it hasn’t bothered me in several years. 

Ugh! I'll be following closely.

I've been struggling for over a year after hurting it at a boot camp. I was first referred to a PT, who did nothing more than give me exercises I already do on a regular basis (ie not a solution). Now I'm seeing a DO; the first visit (back in March) helped tremendously, but progress has pretty much flatlined since then. In fact it's been getting worse over the past couple of weeks despite no changes in my exercise or lifestyle routines.The process is incredibly frustrating.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. There must be a solution out there somewhere (right??!!).

So I found this video and did this, and some similar stretches I found on YouTube as well. Basically all variations of dangling the one leg of the bed. And oh my goodness, did that feel good! It really does seem to be helping.  All the other structures I did it made it feel worse. This feels good.  

• Like 2

Ugh, yes. I was diagnosed with piriformis syndrome at the beginning of September and it's been aggravating the SI joint. I've been seeing a chiropractor and just started physical therapy. The chiropractor actually helps more but PT is covered by my insurance with only a minimal co-pay so I figure it's worth giving a try. Other things that have helped:

-hip support belt

-ice wrap

-Epsom salt baths

-getting a memory foam seat cushion for my car

-Tylenol/hydrocodone as needed when the pain gets really bad (I hate taking this but I need to be able to walk)

There are apparently steroid injections that can help. I won't be able to try them until after I deliver but you can ask your doctor if they would be appropriate for you.