Menu

What's with the ads?

Patty Joanna

News: Our Beloved Boardie, Greta: Update March 25, 2020 TOP OF Original Post!!!

1 hour ago, Patty Joanna said:

I'll always put any updates I have into this thread.  I write to Greta (paper mail), usually bi-weekly, but it has been a little while between my travel and then bronchitis. I will drop her a line tonight if I can.  I'll ask if there is an update, as others have asked about her.  Thank you!

Thanks Patty Joanna! 

Oh, I am so happy for her, and hope she’s having a wonderful second honeymoon if it’s still in process!

What great news.  News like this is why I tell people to destress, enjoy life, do what is necessary to stay alive, functioning, and pain free as possible and do not worry about the stats

• Like 4

Reading this news quite literally gave me goosebumps on my arms.  What a wonderful update!  (Although the tinnitus sounds not so fun.)  I am very much keeping her in my thoughts.    Thank you so much for the post.

1 hour ago, Patty Joanna said:

UPDATE:

Greta has beat the odds and has had some reduction in the size of her tumors.  She had her husband have had a wonderful second honeymoon to the most romantic of cities—Paris—and have found the way to love one another and life while squarely facing this serious illness.  She’s connected at her parish with frequent gatherings, and, of course, connected with her medical community with frequent meetings.  Greta calls herself most blessed to have this time with her husband, daughter, family and friends.  

Recently, she has developed really loud tinnitus, so she has joined me in the hearing-aid-brigade, which lets her play white noise into her ears that at least distracts from the tinnitus.  And podcasts too.  :0)  It's not curative but it does help.

Going into this diagnosis, 9 months ago, the "expectancy" was stated as 12 months.  Without raising her hopes or projecting doom, her doctor told her that she is healthier now than she was 12 months ago, and recent tests revealed "nothing new."  (That's called "good news" in this milieu.)

Please keep praying for her.  She is going to try to read the posts here, so if you want to chime in, feel free.  

(Just between us chickens, Greta has found and displayed amazing grace in a most unexpected place and experience.  We should be so happy to call her one of "ours." )

❤️

When I saw the update, I was fearing the worst.  Continuing to keep her and her loved ones in my prayers. ❤️ 

• Like 3

Maybe edit the title of this thread? When I checked for the update, I was not expecting such positive (perhaps even miraculous) news. How wonderful for her family.

• Thanks 1

I was so cared to open this thread because I was fearing the worst. Now I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes because I am so relieved to hear that Greta is doing so well!  I really miss her posts here. 

• Like 4

What a fabulous update! So happy for Greta and her family.

10 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I was so cared to open this thread because I was fearing the worst. Now I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes because I am so relieved to hear that Greta is doing so well!  I really miss her posts here. 

Same!

Thanking God for shining a ray of mercy upon Greta and her husband. Thanks for the update, PJ.

• Like 2

So glad to read this update! And so happy Greta has been able to enjoy Paris with the people she loves! 

Still sending warmth and healing your way, Greta! 

Oh YAY!  This is wonderful news and I’m so glad the time with family has been sweet, but that it isn’t over yet.  Hugs and love, Greta!

Thank you for the update. 

Greta--thanking God with you for his graciousness during these last months. May God continue to uphold you and your family and give you immeasurable joy, strength, and peace.

Thanks for the update!  Greta, even in this you are a blessing to this community.  Your good news has made our day! 

My heart sank when I saw this thread on the first page again, and I was so incredibly happy to see such positive news. ❤️ Sending love and light to Greta, and many thanks to Patty Joanna for the update. 

• Like 1

Best Wishes, Greta for continued, sustained recovery! Prove them wrong!

Not surprised that Greta is handling this with her usual calm and grace that she has been displaying here.

Praying you will get rid of the infection pronto. Thinking of you often.

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 1

That is very positive news.  Just prayed for Greta.  Thanks for letting us know.

Prayed for you Greta. Great news is today's update. I'm sure you enjoyed Paris. What a wonderful opportunity. 

I’m so happy she’s been able to enjoy so much love and unexpected time with those she loves. Praying she gets lots more of both.