Menu

What's with the ads?

Patty Joanna

Hard News: Our Beloved Boardie, Greta: Update June 27, 2019

Prayers/good thoughts to Gretchen and her family. Cancer is such a horrible disease and I hope her treatment goes as smoothly and successfully as possible under the circumstances.

• Like 1

Wow, what an amazing response by her to such awful news. Prayers for Greta and her family. May they savor every moment together and find many reasons to laugh and take joy in them. 

I'm so sorry.  Life can be so crappy and cruel.  Much love to her and her family, and praying that each day brings some little form of joy. (something my cousin who has ALS said. She looks for the small joys each day)

• Like 1

What gut wrenching news! Thank you, Patty Joanna for sitting down courageously and typing what nobody wants to write.

Greta (or Gretchen): You contribute so much to this board. If you feel like you could possibly drop by here and just chat a little now and then...allow us to distract you with whatever we are discussing.

Praying for peace and comfort and that you will surprise your medical team!

• Like 4

Greta, there are no words. I am so very sorry that you are faced with this horrible prognosis. I hope with all my heart that every moment going forward offers joy, understanding, and peace with and for your family. I rarely post but have been around a long time on these boards. I value your words and cyber-friendship. Thank you for being here.

• Like 1

Oh my. I’m crying. That is so heartbreaking yet she handles herself with so much grace. 

Prayers for her and her family. 

Dear Greta, If you read this:  You are one of the reasons this world is a beautiful place.  Sending you warm thoughts and praying for peace and courage, for you and your dear family.

• Like 7

My first thought this morning was of Greta. All day I find myself hugging my kids more and being more thankful for today. Thinking of her and marveling at her words during this time...

• Like 1

Greta/Gretchen, your posts were always filled with such kindness and wisdom... and you were always kind to me.  May the angels surround you and your family and guide you through this time.  May God always watch over those you love, especially your daughter.  

May God guide all of the nurses (oncology nurses are some of the best) and doctors treating you... and he may he also guide the research scientists working on new therapies.  I hope that by some miracle you are brought to a clinical trial which proves to be a cure.  If not, may you have as many good quality days as possible with your family.

What a nice miracle of the Internet that you have all of these people, all over the world, praying for you and your family. ❤️   

Edited by umsami
  • Like 9

Heartbreaking and terribly sad.  Wishing you and your family strength in this difficult time.  My thoughts are with you.

Gretchen, you are awesome.  Just wanted to let you know.  Your family is super blessed to be part of your life through all of its ups and downs.

Cancer sucks.  It's evil and I hate it.  Please know you have a whole army on your side as you endure it all.  Tons of prayers and hugs sent your way. 

And may immunotherapy work wonders for you.  Sometimes it does.

• Like 7

Greta,  

Thank you for thinking so much of us that you shared your devastating news.  I pray that you are comfortable and able to enjoy the time with your family.  I am so sorry this has/is happening to you and your family.

Greta, I am so sorry to hear the news.  You are one of the kindest posters here.  I am praying often for you and your family.  Hugs to you. 

I am so sorry to read this news. I also read every comment, and am once again reminded of the warmth and caring that exists on this board.

Greta, I will be thinking about you and your family. I hope that you have many joyful days, good doctors, and lots of support. 

• Like 1

I am sitting here bawling like a big baby, having read all of your messages of love and support and kindness.  But not all tears are a bad thing.  I am feeling so blessed to have such a network of wonderful people out there thinking about me and praying for me.  Every single word you wrote is an absolute treasure to me.  Thank you all so very much.  ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 38

1 minute ago, Greta said:

I am sitting here bawling like a big baby, having read all of your messages of love and support and kindness.  But not all tears are a bad thing.  I am feeling so blessed to have such a network of wonderful people out there thinking about me and praying for me.  Every single word you wrote is an absolute treasure to me.  Thank you all so very much.  ❤️❤️❤️

This community is a rare gem and you are a significant part of it. All our love to you and your family over the coming months.

• Like 3