Menu

Temp. blocked from FB (Update #3, in original post)

Excelsior! Academy

from posting on my own timeline and have no idea why.  I post nothing controversial.  Nothing!  Nor do I post frequently.  The last time I posted, it was an album of less than 10 photos of our family having a family night with dinner, games, etc.  What on earth could have gotten me blocked?  How long will it likely last?      ******UPDATE #2 POST #6*********

______________________________________________________________________________________

Additional information

This is the message located in the area where the texting post box is generally located.

You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been blocked from using it.

Learn more about blocks in the  Help Center.

*******************************************************************UPDATE #3*********************************************************************************************
I can't figure out how to change the color box.  I contacted Facebook twice, with no response.  This morning I checked again and everything is back to normal.  So weird!

Edited by Excelsior! Academy
additional information

1 minute ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

from posting on my own timeline and have no idea why.  I post nothing controversial.  Nothing!  Nor do I post frequently.  The last time I posted, it was an album of less than 10 photos of our family having a family night with dinner, games, etc.  What on earth could have gotten me blocked?  How long will it likely last?

Someone might have reported you or maybe someone hacked your account and someone else reported that...

• Like 1

My son had an account and when he posted something for the first time, they blocked him and it has been months and they have not responded why he was blocked and he still can't get on.  However, he no longer is interested nor cares.  So, who knows- I also wondered if someone hacked him and posted something, etc, but I never saw??

I would send them a message. I had a co-worker who tried to change her last name on Facebook the night she got married and (drunkenly) misspelled it. They usually have a waiting period before you can change your name again, but she sent them a message and was able to get it changed sooner.

I tried posting from my phone and it worked, yet I am still seeing the temporarily blocked message on my Mac.  My previous FB post (the one with the family night photo album) was sent from my phone, not my Mac.  The only Facebook related thing I've done on my Mac is check an address for an event.

This is so frustrating!!

Edited by Excelsior! Academy

34 minutes ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

I tried posting from my phone and it worked, yet I am still seeing the temporarily blocked message on my Mac.  My previous FB post (the one with the family night photo album) was sent from my phone, not my Mac.  The only Facebook related thing I've done on my Mac is check an address for an event.

This is so frustrating!!

Hmm - have you tried clearing your browsing history yet? Sometimes that helps in weird situations like this.

2 hours ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

from posting on my own timeline and have no idea why.  I post nothing controversial.  Nothing!  Nor do I post frequently.  The last time I posted, it was an album of less than 10 photos of our family having a family night with dinner, games, etc.  What on earth could have gotten me blocked?  How long will it likely last?      ******UPDATE #2 POST #6*********

______________________________________________________________________________________

Additional information

This is the message located in the area where the texting post box is generally located.

You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been blocked from using it.

Learn more about blocks in the  Help Center.

So, you were caught speeding on Facebook?! ?

• Haha 6

If you can access on your phone, I'd be concerned about a phishing expedition to get your password when you try to re-log in. 

Clear your cookies and your cache and make sure the url is actually facebook and not a proxy. "Going to fast" is a really weird reason to be blocked from a website...