Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

Who do you root for when... ?

Who do you root for when your two kids' current universities are playing against each other for the upcoming weekend's football game? Eek!

(Texas State vs Univ of TX at SA)

Guess I'll play Switzerland on this one.  ?

Edited by Kinsa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Glad I do not have this problem.  Youngest decided on attending a Division 3 school which is in the same conference as my and dh's alma mater but out of the three of us, I think I am the only one who ever even when to a football game at my university.  My older dd is a U of AL fan (her first college) and cheers on Arizona State too (her graduating school) and her husband is MS State.  We have even attended the Egg Bowl a few years ago (the rivalry game between MS State and Ole Miss on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. (which was really fun for me). 

• Like 1

when it's your kids - play switzerland.

two of dh's schools played each other.  he rooted for the one he liked better.  (they won.)

• Like 1

You root for whoever has the ball.  

haha

I have not one but two married couple friends who are Michigan/Ohio mixed marriages.  THAT is true love...except one weekend a year.  haha. 

• Haha 3

We know a couple that is a house divided (BYU/UofU)

I say root for both, cheer for good play and wear 2 different color socks. 

When we watch hockey we cheer for great saves even against our home team, because we are a goalie family.

Amber in SJ

• Like 5

Hmmmm.....well, one of my kids goes to a college without a football team, so I don't need to worry too much about that one!

• Like 2