Menu

What's with the ads?

OKBud

The Story of Science teacher guides

If I wanted to use the student quest guide for Aristotle Leads the way, would I also need the teacher book? It seems like the TG is mostly lesson plans and transparencies?

I know this has been discussed, but search isn't working for me right now. 

We just read and discussed, using the schedule in Build Your Library 8. That was a couple years ago. I have a foggy memory of a boardie saying they were underwhelmed by the TGs so I didn't bother.

Fwiw, Googling with site:forums.welltrainedmind.com as a term is far more effective than the board search.

• Like 1

I would go with just the book. I bought one of the TG's to see if it was worthwhile, but I ended up mainly relying on just the student quest book. I do like the student books quite a bit!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shelly said:

I would go with just the book. I bought one of the TG's to see if it was worthwhile, but I ended up mainly relying on just the student quest book. I do like the student books quite a bit!

Great. So there is enough guidance in the student quest book to know what they are asking?

Normally we are a "just read and talk" family, so I'm not sure I even want to get the SG, but if I do and it's incomprehensible without the TM, it would be so aggravating. 

We have the TG and the Student Quest book for Aristotle Leads the Way.

I think the TG was more expensive than it ended up being worth in the end. Though, if you feel you need the answer key to the Student Quest book, then you may find you want the TG. That is the only thing I ended up using it for, when I did use it. I found it very geared to a classroom or group learning environment. 

The Student book was fun, however. My son would just sort of pick from it when he wanted to dig in to a chapter a bit more. If he didn't feel like doing it, I didn't push it either. It made a nice "filler inner" to go with the text. We enjoyed the student quest book quite a lot. 

• Like 2

I have the TG and don’t find that I use it much. I have pulled a couple of ideas from it though and I like that it has the answers. I’d rather read along and discuss but I have four to teach so sometimes just having answers is helpful. I bought mine used off of Amazon or Homeschool Classifieds. I wouldn’t consider it worth spending the money to buy new. 

• Like 1