Menu

Bees wax candles? Where to buy?

Tap

I have purchased the more slender taper candles from where Patty Joanna purchase hers (it's within driving distance for me, so no shipping), but I have also purchased pillar types from this Etsy shop and it was lovely --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmberLBeeswaxCandles . I feel like if it's 100% beeswax, you really can't go wrong.  What I don't like is when the candle is made up of rolled beeswax sheets, though.  Those may not even be real beeswax, I don't know.  They look cheesy to me.  

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tap said:

YAY!!! This was exactly what I was looking for.  I think I am going to order some for our family Christmas gift exchange as well...so two presents are now crossed off my list!! 

If you're ordering from St. John Monastery, throw some Cucumber Aloe intensive face cream into the cart!  It's thick and rick and not greasy -- totally yum.  It's all I use and will ever use on my face.  I don't love the hand lotion as much because it has more of the greasy feel that I don't like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milovany said:

If you're ordering from St. John Monastery, throw some Cucumber Aloe intensive face cream into the cart!  It's thick and rick and not greasy -- totally yum.  It's all I use and will ever use on my face.  I don't love the hand lotion as much because it has more of the greasy feel that I don't like. 

I don't see that as an option at this link.  Maybe a different St John Monastery? 

1 minute ago, Liz CA said:

I usually divide my orders between St. John's and "Quiet Light Candles" https://quietlightcandles.com/password

Their website is being redone at the moment.

Price is almost identical - one charges more for candles and less for shipping, the other vice versa.

LOL quite the timing. I was literally on the Quiet Light website when you responded. I was debating on whether or not to put my email address in to get notified when they come back on line when my computer chimed to say there was a post in the thread. LOL

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tap said:

I don't see that as an option at this link.  Maybe a different St John Monastery? 

Oh! Patty Joanna's St. John's IS a different one from the one I was thinking of.  Here's the one I was thinking of:  https://stjohnmonastery.org/all-departments/

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

You can decorate them with beads; you just use the beading pins (after you cut them short) to attach the bead to the candle.

A small thing, but just wanted to mention that we don't use a pin when putting beads on a candle.  We just push them in with our fingernails. 

• Like 1