Menu

What color wrap/shawl for this new dress of mine?

sheryl

Here is a dress I recently bought that I'll be wearing to my niece's wedding.  It expands and contracts.  It fits me now and my plan is to lose a bit of weight and it will still fit b/c of the crinkles/pleats. 

I'd like to buy a wrap/shawl.  What color?

I was thinking the cocoa, purple or pink family and have an idea based on the event which color may look best but would like to hear what you say?

DRESS
https://poshmark.com/listing/NWT-Komarov-Flutter-Sleeve-Crinkle-Dress-Floral-5b6ba6c5250c5de35d31b965

SHAWL/WRAP
https://www.amazon.com/Shawl-Fashion-Scarf-Women-Summer/dp/B07CJ56BZ4/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1536700274&sr=8-18&keywords=purple%2Bshawls%2Band%2Bwraps&th=1

I purposely chose a color wrap I will not be buying so you stay objective in your choice.  :) 

Edited by sheryl

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

What’s your coloring like? I’d go cocoa or plum if you can handle darker colors...lighter brown or lavender if you have blonde or silver hair and blue eyes.

Good point.

I have auburn hair and eyes, Caucasian (but I don't know if that matters).  My hair has a little gray but only a little.

Auburn hair would push me towards lavender or a plum with a lot of brown in it—one of those main colors in the leaves.

Pink would totally work if your hair is very vibrantly auburn. I would go for the darker pink though.

I like to blend in in pictures. Personally I would choose a medium brown from the leaves for myself if it’s a fall wedding.

• Like 1

Cocoa or plum would be good but if that's the shawl you're choosing and you just didn't give us the color, I don't see either of those available. Of the color choices for that shawl, purple or either of the pinks would be nice. Dark gold might work but it's hard to tell. I'd stay away from anything too neutral and try to pick out a color from the dress to make it pop.

• Like 2

See, I'm partial to the teal, but I lean towards brighter colors. When I match a solid color to a print, I tend to pick out a minor color in the print for the solid color. To me it helps the print "pop" instead of more of the same.  However, if you like a more subdue color, I'd also say a plum, cocoa, or lavender.  GL!!

• Like 1

'k, I'll play again. ?  The wraps that seem to match (at least on my computer) are: teal, rose/pink, purple li, pink lii.  All the other colors seem to be too bright (too much of a sharp white base) or just not a color in the dress color palette.  From my screen, the dress has softer colors except for the teal so colors that have a creamy/brown base may match better. Now, if raspberry was a color option, that's a color that looks good on many people and would match the dress...oh well...  Seems like June afternoon weddings in the South need fun, airy colors!!  You'll look beautiful in whatever you choose.

Edited by ChrisB
  • Like 1

Aw, thanks, Chris!  The colors are rather vivid.  OK, I'll just go ahead and tell y'all what I was considering.  I thought the Dark Gold, Red Li, Pink Li or the Purple Li or Blue.  The dark gold  may wash out the dress.  I would look better in the Red Li and the Pink Li would be too light against my hair color.  The purple is too light, isn't it?  And, the blue looks more like a purple blue but I realize now that it's still too blue.   Maybe I'll look at another wrap.