Menu

Who’s going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  I hope all our NC/SC friends on board here are doing ok.  We went through our first hurricane since moving to FL last year and it was so emotionally draining (stay or go, do I have enough of x, y and z).  As for us, DS17 is still not feeling great but he asked if he could rest in the AM (when all his electives are) and just go to school for the afternoon.  OMG this child has a plan!!  Could it be he is finally getting it??? :ohmy:

-coffee
-school with DS13 (today is the first day we have 3 live online classes - Writing at 10 am, Literature at 2 pm, and AP Computers at 3 pm; DS13 is not going to be happy)
-workout (plan to do this during the 10 am class - legs and glutes today)
-laundry DONE: 1
-clean kitchen and family room
-go to library
-figure out what to do for DH birthday tomorrow
-go to Publix and/or Costco (we have been getting terrible thunderstorms in the afternoons so I'm not sure how feasible this is going to be)
-dinner (salmon, rice and vegetables)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning.

We had a scary incident last night. Our dd, who is in college in TN, ended up in the ER with tightness in her chest and what sounded like heart palpitations. She is okay but still had some tightness when they released her. They did all kinds of tests and found her to be in no danger of a heart attack about to happen, but they do want her to see a doctor about wearing a heart monitor. My dh said the same thing happened to him about that age and noting was found. He thinks it was stress, but she says she's been less stressed the last couple of weeks than she normally is. She is in a nursing program that has a reputation for being one of the toughest in the state.  It's so hard having your grown kids live away. I never knew what I was putting my parents through! 

The usuals are done, so on to today.

• meals
  • school with ds (mostly independent today)
  • tutor students (3 coming today)
  • take ds to swim
  • laundry
  • tidy house

• Like 6

Amy, I will pray for your dd and for you! I had a similar incident in grad school and mine was stress. 

Today is busy. All our days are busy this year and we are still adjusting to the pace.

Dd to tutorial.

School with Ds.

Winter clothes lists.

Amazon order 

Make chx salad.

Figure out dinner.

Budget/bills (I did not get this done yesterday.)

Ds to/from science class.

Remind dh to pick up dd and veggie box.

Work on History. Library?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

(((Amy))) I hope your dd is okay! It sounds a lot like stress symptoms that I've experienced. I agree with you that having young adult kids can be so stressful. There is so much more to worry about than when they were little.

• office work (my to-do basket is full again, sigh)
  • dd has a quiz in her online Spanish class
  • call vet this morning to order rx refill
  • reschedule an appt.
  • place a Vitacost order
  • go to bank (remember to get cash for farrier)
  • post office
  • get gas
  • pick up refills and food from vet
  • farrier appt. at 5  (Hoping ds19's horse is going to behave himself. He hates getting his feet trimmed and puts up a huge fuss. Usually, ds19 is here to help calm him, but he will be up at school, so it is up to me to keep him under control.?)
  • dinner: frozen pizza, since I will have my hands full w/ the farrier appt.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about your dd, Amy. It is worth it for her to wear a monitor and just see, you know? After a series of tests about 8 years ago, I found out that I have an electrical issue that isn't bad enough for a specific treatment, I just take a beta blocker (which, ironically, I had been doing for years for high blood pressure.) Knowledge is power with cardiac stuff. 

I am pretty sure that I had that for years and had quite a few doctors dismiss it as anxiety or panic attacks. My heart will flutter or skip beats.

No idea about what is going on today. Dd2 was running late this morning for Pilates but she got there in time.

• coffee/paper
  • ds3 off to school- 3 quizzes today and a match
  • write
  • exercise
  • daily chores
  • jen things
  • recruiting stuff with dd2- emails to send/reply to coaches
  • watch ds3's match
  • figure out dinner-sesame noodles?

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, all!

Pink and Green Mom, definitely a good moment for your ds.  Dd is doing the opposite:  online academics in the morning, elective in the afternoon. It's working well!

Amy, praying for you dd.

I'm staying home today, might have got a touch of ds's stomach bug.  Yuck. 

To do:

coffee and toast

lifetime television or hallmark channel and my blanket (our fluffy golden retriever)

grade, read, lesson plan

chicken is in the crockpot

wait on word for estimate on ds's car

continue online shopping for decent used car, just in case

Have a great day! 

Edited by readinmom
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Had trouble waking up again, but I am going to try to stay up this time, despite the temptation to crawl back into bed.

Got kid 1 up early to finish homework, and both kids off to the school bus stop just barely on time.

Cleaned up the kitchen, did a little reading.

I need to try very hard to do some exercise today.

I have lots and lots of work and I really hope to get on a roll.

Kids coming home on the bus today.  They will want a snack and hopefully have time to do some homework before activities?

Kid 1 has gymnastics make-up, kid 2 has horse riding.  Driver will take them.

Need to teach kid 1 how to cook bacon and eggs, as she will have to do this for her AHG unit at camp this weekend.

Homework, test study.

Read-aloud?

Kids to bed.

Work / sleep.

• Like 7

Dd and I were on our way into town when we came across a little baby calf running down the middle of the road. He was scared out of his wits and wouldn't let us near him. To make a long story short, we ended up spending about an hour getting the poor little guy rounded up and back in his field.  The owner of the cattle doesn't live near here and couldn't be reached by phone.

Errands are done, office work is done, and I'm getting ready to feed the horses before the farrier appt.

• Like 5

Farrier appt. is done and was a success. I was pleased that ds' high-strung horse stood perfectly for the farrier and had his best appointment ever. Also, my horse who I've been treating for thrush all summer is finally clear of it. (Never mind that one of my others now has it now - it's always something!)

I need to fold one more load of laundry and then I'm done for the night.

• Like 2