Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

very busy day

milked cow

twins schoolwork

cleaned out completely ds23's bedroom ( he left home 3 years ago and has very slowly been taking a few things every couple of months). Packed everything up, thoroughly cleaned room and shifted the twins in to the newly empty room. this took almost the whole day.

completely cleaned what was the twins old bedroom ( And before that my dressing room) and am going to turn it back into DH and my dressing room.

DS14 has been doing the furniture shifting . He cut a deal that he gets to skip his schoolwork today if he does all the heavy shifting. As this included disassembling and reassembling 4 beds I was more than happy to cut a deal

found out DS24 is bringing a bunch of friends down for the weekend . the will be here tomorrow. argh! everything is everywhere. I was using the spare room for the unsorted items.  they are piled up all over the place. I guess I will be busy this evening

made 4 egg and bacon pies to give to my sister ( The one with the 10 kids). I am getting a dozen eggs a day and am not keeping up with them.

• Like 6

Good morning!

• office work (a few bills, go through emails, file, shred, get bank deposits ready)
  • dust & vacuum main floor
  • reschedule an appt.
  • dd Creative Writing & Photography club
  • get Mexican food for lunch
  • errands (bank, post office, get gas)
  • pick up a few things at grocery store
  • remember to order dog food!
  • find out about piano lessons for dd
  • get evening chores done early since dd has violin lesson (rescheduled from last night)
  • dinner: leftovers
  • Like 6

Good morning!

-coffee
-DS17 off to school
-school with DS13 (including WTMA live class at 10 am, and 2 live DBAs with Bio and Spanish teachers)
-laundry DONE:  0
-workout (kickboxing drills and combos)
-make sure DS13 has his accounts set up for his online AP class that starts next week
-library business
-apply for 2 recruiting jobs (one at my old law firm)
-dinner (shishkabob and brown rice - have to run to store for onions and cherry tomato)
-watch Ozark with DH

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Happy not-Wednesday!

Due to Labor Day, the garbage pickup was postponed to today, so I feel like it's Wednesday right now.  (Don't worry, it will pass.)

• Got the kids up & out to the bus stop.  It is picture day.  Although I don't buy the photos, my kids want to look their best, so they were trying stuff on for at least an hour last night.  This morning Miss A took an hour to get dressed, comb her hair, and put on whatever she puts on her face.
  • It was also spelling test and gym & volleyball day, so I made sure they had clean gym clothes and word lists to study on the bus.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Removed about a hundred boxes from the garage.  I finally have a treelawn to put them on for garbage pickup.
  • Packed kids' TKD gear into the car for later.
  • Cleaned the kitchen and some other messes.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on social media / emails / news.
  • Coffeeing up.

To do:

• Lots of "work" work.
  • Yoga, quick exercise.
  • More reading.
  • Bills, forms.
  • Calendar.
  • Kids' work (homework, cleaning for the maids to come tomorrow).
  • Walk?
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work / sleep.
  • Like 6

Good morning! No am practice today, so the kids just started rolling out of bed. Quiet day for me, as everyone is gone for most of the day. It is a day to get caught up on some things- like the fall chores list and some neglected things in the kitchen. And whew, is dh grumpy this morning.... when he has computer issues-I don't blame the computer.

• get kids off to school-dh to work-waiting on that
  • ds3 away meet-remind to take extra food
  • dd2 call with a coach at lunch- 
  • write
  • exercise/kitchen
  • jen things
  • check bills/bank/ maybe home depot
  • check in with dd2 before practice
  • figure out dinner (need to check freezer)
  • pick up ds3 when bus gets in
  • help with homework

Have a great day!

• Like 4

And the morning is interrupted by the dog barking furiously!

First he found a box turtle.

Then he dug up a mole. 

The joy of backyard science and dogs! Today's lessons include: how to determine the sex of a turtle, do Eastern Box turtles like to eat the herbs in my garden or do they prefer bugs, and how to whack a mole with a shovel! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

We won four free airline tickets! We have two years to use them. Dreaming....places we couldn't or wouldn't drive to. Europe and Hawaii come to mind. 

Of course, we still have to be able to afford the rest of the vacation, which is always challenging. But we do have a while to save. 

Have to do some box-checking and hoop-jumping next week to claim the tickets. Woohoo for hotel chains with promotional give-aways! 

Always a catch. Can't use the tickets all together, must be 2 trips for 2. Well, no cool vacation for us. Back to real life. :tongue:

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

We won four free airline tickets! We have two years to use them. Dreaming....places we couldn't or wouldn't drive to. Europe and Hawaii come to mind. 

Of course, we still have to be able to afford the rest of the vacation, which is always challenging. But we do have a while to save. 

Have to do some box-checking and hoop-jumping next week to claim the tickets. Woohoo for hotel chains with promotional give-aways! 

Always a catch. Can't use the tickets all together, must be 2 trips for 2. Well, no cool vacation for us. Back to real life. :tongue:

Sorry, Scout! I hope you're still able to use the tickets.

• Thanks 1