Menu

What's with the ads?

nanraj

7th grade math practice

Hello!

My twins are in 7th grade in public school. Is IXL a good resource for them at their grade level for extra practice? Also, can both of them use one account or should I enroll for membership in separate accounts? Thank you in advance for your time and inputs. Truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Nan

I think IXL is a pretty good practice resource. The only thing to be aware of is that - although it gives the student an explanation of the problem that they got incorrect, I haven't seen many students bother to read it. So it is good practice but they may not learn from their mistakes if they truly don't understand a concept. You can require them to read the explanation or to work some on paper that they repeatedly miss.

They can work 10 problems per day for free. That could be a way to try out the program before enrolling.

They would need separate accounts, but the 2nd subscription costs less. So it would be one membership with two students; each student has their own login.

7 hours ago, RenaInTexas said:

I think IXL is a pretty good practice resource. The only thing to be aware of is that - although it gives the student an explanation of the problem that they got incorrect, I haven't seen many students bother to read it. So it is good practice but they may not learn from their mistakes if they truly don't understand a concept. You can require them to read the explanation or to work some on paper that they repeatedly miss.

They can work 10 problems per day for free. That could be a way to try out the program before enrolling.

They would need separate accounts, but the 2nd subscription costs less. So it would be one membership with two students; each student has their own login.

RenaInTexas : Thank you so much for your response.I ended up getting 2 accounts in IXL for my twins and it is going pretty well. The practice helped them in their quiz this week and also in their homework problems. Thank you once again.

-Nan

• Like 1

We have been using Khan Academy exclusively for practice for quite a while now, although it has tapered off a little since my 7th grader already has too many things to complete. We are looking into streamlining his after school activities so that he has a little bit more time for extra practice.