Menu

Who’s going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

The man of the house made dinner the last two nights and it is my turn.

Work.

Bike locks: need to reset before sending my fellow bike commuter to school.

Laundry rotation from (gasp) today: need to move the loads through to make room for the next load.

Oh god, soccer practice.

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 6

Good morning!  This week DS13 adds in three new WTMA classes:  Ancient Lit, Ancient History, and Writing with Skill III.  He has been finishing school by noon every day since we were only doing half our subjects and now that party is over.  He has two live online classes today so the workload starts now.  We are on the west coast of FL so not sure if we will get some outer bands of this tropical storm before it shoots off deeper into the Gulf.

-coffee
-DS17 off to school without international incident
-school with DS13 (today I will be patient and kind.  Today I will be patient and kind.  Today I will be patient and kind.)
-workout (cardio at 10 am while DS has his online writing class)
-produce market for some fruits and vegetables
-read
-laundry (including soaking/scrubbing 2 pairs of white baseball pants that are covered in red clay dirt)
-dinner (something with salmon that we have in the freezer - I am not a fish person so I have no idea what to do with it but the rest of the family likes it)
-DH to run little league softball draft, DS17 to travel baseball practice (if field isn't underwater)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

It was a good weekend with my dad. Now is just the waiting game on the test results. The usuals are done, breakfast and lunch for dh, cats, and coffee.

To Do:

• get ready for day
  • meals
  • school with ds (mostly independent today)
  • tutor 3 students (one is on vacation)
  • work on physics test for co-op class
  • take ds to swim practice
  • tidy house
  • laundry
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!

I was up half the night checking on a feverish horse. The vet came out and gave him some injections and he seems to be doing better now. Fingers crossed he continues to feel okay throughout the day.

My boys just headed off for their first day of college classes. They have a full day, with three classes each and then a club meeting tonight. I've only seen them for a couple hours total over the past few days, which feels weird, but I'm happy they are diving right into college life. (I miss them, though.?)

• office work (organize my desk piles, beginning of the month bills)
  • post office
  • reschedule hair appt.
  • Chewy order
  • dust & vacuum main floor
  • laundry - towels
  • dinner: something involving mushrooms and pasta
  • Like 6

Good morning!

We had a nice weekend away and are ready to jump back into regular life. We have several things that start this week, including Dd's WHA math class and Ds' art and drama tutorial. 

• Dd to tutorial.  
  • School with Ds  
  • Work at church?  
  • Make dinner early  
  • Ds to/from science
  • Haircut?  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning! dd2's morning practices started today and ds3 tagged along for gym time. It is a long day for both of them and ds3 has a match this afternoon. I am pretty free, except for the house and I am starting to suspect dh of creating most of the work. 

• coffee/paper
  • dh to work
  • write/exercise
  • grocery store
  • kitchen and daily chores
  • a few weekly chores
  • Handwork, art
  • read
  • talk to dd2 before her practice  Frazzled with two calls with coaches scheduled
  • go over to watch ds3's match won, team won
  • figure out dinner pasta salad and paninis

Have a great day!

Edited by MysteryJen
more information
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MysteryJen said:

Good morning! dd2's morning practices started today and ds3 tagged along for gym time. It is a long day for both of them and ds3 has a match this afternoon. I am pretty free, except for the house and I am starting to suspect dh of creating most of the work. 

• coffee/paper
  • dh to work
  • write/exercise
  • grocery store
  • kitchen and daily chores
  • a few weekly chores
  • Handwork, art
  • read
  • talk to dd2 before her practice
  • go over to watch ds3's match
  • figure out dinner

Have a great day!

Sing it, Sister.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Okay, here's where we are:

• Dinner
  • School. Online class was a fail. ^&*(@* computers!
  • Laundry
  • Lunch.
  • Check shopping list.
  • Errands: Goodwill drop-off, gas, bank, uniform drop-off.
  • Announce intention to step down as admin for FB group.
  • Quiet time - Take a stab at revising questions for committee A (*must* be done by Wednesday night at the latest). Oops, that's when I made the buns!
  • Take a stab at improving website for committee B (*must* be done by Thursday night at the latest).
  • Buy food at closest store.
  • Dishes
Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 6

Tuesday!  I hate waking up!  I'm hung over from the heat of yesterday.  (I do not drink alcohol, honest.)

I set the alarms early and enjoyed hearing them and snoozing them many times.  It's so cool.  I set them all to have different ring tones.  Some of them are quite tuneful and enhance my dreams.

Got up in time to roust the kids out of bed. 

Reviewed the kids' math homework, which was mostly wrong because they misunderstood scientific notation.  So we had a morning math lesson, yay!

The local schools are closed because of heat.  But ours is open since it has A/C.  No bus service though.  So I had to drive them.  Which was good, since it allowed us to finish our audiobook.

Had some work and personal discussions.

Did a little reading.

Learned that the leader of our scout unit (of which I am the new assistant leader, but I know nothing) just lost her dad, so I think I need to step up and do something about planning the upcoming campout, and I have the impulse to run the other way as fast as possible.

I'm trying to figure out the evening schedule, but nobody's calling me back.

I have lots of work to do - I just need to buckle down.  (Checked google to confirm that buckle down and knuckle down would both work here.)

Probably a bunch of other things which I apparently don't want to think about right now.

• Like 6

I have not had a productive day though I have spent most of it in front of my computer. 

I don't feel well.  I have some kind of intestinal thing going on.

I just remembered something I was supposed to do by this morning, and now I have annoyed people.  ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

SKL, hope you feel better soon!

My student on vacation actually came today. Because of the storms hitting the gulf, they have delayed leaving. So the time that was for tidying and laundry got eaten up with more math with him.

I'm about to take ds to swim, and dh is going to pick up dinner while we're there. 

I'm taking some work for co-op classes with me. 

• Like 4

Ds complained of a headache late this afternoon, threw up right after dinner and went to bed. No temperature. I knew something was wrong when he didn't want to go to flag football practice! So an at-home afternoon and evening here tomorrow. Don't want to share the yuck at church or piano, even if he's feeling better.

Done:

• Dinner, including start the DW on high temp wash with every dish or glass ds touched today. 
  • Mopped the kitchen floor 
  • Reordered a book that Dd lost
  • Texted everyone who would expect us to be somewhere tomorrow.
  • Checked on ds - he's asleep

Next up:

• chat with dd about her day and what tomorrow will be like
  • read and go to bed. feeling a bit head-achy myself. 

• Like 3

Well, we are back to reality - homework took a few hours tonight.  Some avoidable (could have done it earlier / more efficiently), some not.

I have got to get a better handle on evenings.  I hope this is just transition stuff.  Sleep needs to happen.

• Like 2