Menu

Promoting your business without being “that person” on FB...

StaceyinLA

I am a Disney Travel Agent. There are a lot of perks to using my services (especially for Disney newbies), and they are totally free. I have a FB page specifically for my business, but I see a LOT of friends’ Disney pics and would love to find a way to let people know what I do without being that person who is always promoting their business on FB.

The thing is, I don’t HAVE to plan someone’s trip down to the minute, but I can do as much or as little as they’d like and it costs nothing. It’s just that it would really help me if I could book more trips - just to advance myself to where I make a little higher commission, get a few more perks, etc.

What is a good way to promote/share that without being annoying? 

Maybe you’d know-DD has at least one competition at Disney this year, possibly two if they make the end of season finals. Is it possible for parents to book through you or does everyone have to go through the event producer? I’d much prefer to give the commissions to someone other than Varsity...

15 minutes ago, dmmetler said:

Maybe you’d know-DD has at least one competition at Disney this year, possibly two if they make the end of season finals. Is it possible for parents to book through you or does everyone have to go through the event producer? I’d much prefer to give the commissions to someone other than Varsity...

I believe parents and other family can book through an agent. I helped a family early last spring with their stay when their daughter was competing.

I'd look into making a business facebook page. Then when you post as Travel Agent StaceyinLA, person StaceyinLA can share the business post. You can also utilize facebook's advertising. We did this for a training we did and it got a decent response rate and we didn't spend that much money.

My neighbor manages this with a MLM company. Her posts never bother me at all, and I'm trying to tease out why. She posts about her life and friends, and her life includes this company. So she'll post a congrats and tag when someone wins a trip or award, but never says you can do this, too. She'll post a sale, but just like she would a flash sale at amazon.

I'd recommend doing the business page and keeping it active with multiple posts a week of Disney tips. Then a couple of times a month, share something on your personal account from your business page. For example, if you are visiting Disney to scope out things, post a picture of the you and the new attraction on the business site and then share it to your personal site. Also, if you book for any of your friends, ask if they can thank/tag you on one of their vacation pictures and let you share it to your personal page. 

• Like 1