Menu

Best DURABLE Headphones for online classes?

My kids are really hard on stuff.  Is there a brand of kid headphones that can withstand hard use?  This is for Skype tutoring in foreign language for my seven-year-old.   Noise-canceling, microphone, wireless, would be nice features, but the most important thing is that they be really sturdy.

• Like 1

After going through 3 sets of headphones in a year, we got our son a set of Cozy Phones and they have really held up well. We have the corded kind but they do have wireless. They aren't noise canceling and don't have a microphone but these things still work like new even with a rambunctious 5yo using and abusing them. When he wears them out in public, at first people don't realize they are headphones then they want to know where we got them. Lol. He has the Paw Patrol ones but the have lots of designs and some just plain colored ones. We purchased them on Amazon but they have a website as well

Http://www.cozyphones.com

We have a pair of Skullcandy cordless ones that have been the best for my now-8year old. She’s been doing online classes since she was 5 and had gone through a pair of headphones about every three months until these, which have lasted more than a year. Cordless was essential because she moves about too much and caused damage when she was plugged in.

The Skullcandy ones are cordless, with built-in mic, but not actively noise cancelling.

We bought our daughter a set where every component came apart and was replaceable. So when her cord broke, instead of buying a whole new set, we just replaced it. I don’t recall if it had a mic though. I’ll come back later and give you the brand name in case you are interested. 

The brand is SOL REPUBLIC, and I believe there is a mic. The band, each earpiece, and the cord all detach from each other.

Edited by extendedforecast
to provide additional information

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 8:24 AM, dmmetler said:

It would probably be better to do a good set of kids headphones and a separate mic. I think we went through a headset a year or more when DD was under 10 and doing online classes.

So can you add a separate mic to the Beats headphones that would work for an online class and/or Rosetta Stone?   Sorry if that is a really dumb question.   Thought I would try asking here rather then starting a whole new thread.