Menu

Who’s going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Would you guys pray for my dh? He is having sleep issues. He woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. He's either having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. And my dad's biopsy is tomorrow.

To Do:

• meals                        I think dh and ds will get dinner out, and I have dinner at my meeting.
  • school with ds         
  • tutor 2 students
  • pack for trip to my dad's 
  • tidy house                 done some of the major areas
  • pay bills
  • parent meeting at church 
  • drive to TN tonight
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!

I'm sorry about your dh's sleep problems, Amy. Dh and I have both had a bit of that going on lately and it stinks. I will keep both him and your dad in my prayers.

I am being driven slowly insane by a tiny piece of popcorn hull that got lodged between my teeth last night. I have tried brushing, regular floss, and two different kinds of little flossing pick-thingys to get it out and it won't budge. Aargh, the aggravation! 

Today:

• find a few new recipes, make a shopping list
  • run up to the university bookstore with the boys so they can pick up a few more items they need
  • go out to lunch (pizza place that the kids want to try)
  • do my grocery shopping while we're up there
  • straighten up the house & do some vacuuming
  • dinner: ?? will probably just pick up something at the store
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! I will keep your dh and dad in my prayers today, Amy. Tsuga, my kids have been back for two weeks! dh and ds3 headed out to play tennis before school- ds3 leaves for a tournament this afternoon. He will be back Monday or Tuesday depending on his results.

The big news is that my car is ready! It has been in the shop for a MONTH. I have never had a rental this long-and yes, the dealer paid for it.

• coffee/paper
  • get kids off to school
  • use a random hour to get something done- kitchen? exercise?
  • get gas, $ for tournament, drop off rental, pick up car
  • use random time wisely somehow-write? chores?
  • pick up ds3
  • feed him lunch, double check packing
  • drop him off at the athletic club
  • home to really get things done
  • dd2 to practice
  • dinner: garlic shrimp and pasta

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Amy, prayers for your DH and Dad.  Selkie, I hate that feeling with teeth and popcorn.  The worst.

-coffee
-DS17 off to school
-bare minimum school work with DS13

-DH, DS13, and I to spend the day at Busch Gardens (I don't go on any rides so I act as the pack mule holding hats, phones and sunglasses while they ride the roller coasters)
-make sure DS17 is prepared for his Honors Physics test tomorrow
-dinner (DS17 has baseball practice, DH has an HOA meeting, no idea when/what dinner will be)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MysteryJen said:

Good morning! I will keep your dh and dad in my prayers today, Amy. Tsuga, my kids have been back for two weeks! dh and ds3 headed out to play tennis before school- ds3 leaves for a tournament this afternoon. He will be back Monday or Tuesday depending on his results.

The big news is that my car is ready! It has been in the shop for a MONTH. I have never had a rental this long-and yes, the dealer paid for it.

• coffee/paper
  • get kids off to school
  • use a random hour to get something done- kitchen? exercise?
  • get gas, $ for tournament, drop off rental, pick up car
  • use random time wisely somehow-write? chores?
  • pick up ds3
  • feed him lunch, double check packing
  • drop him off at the athletic club
  • home to really get things done
  • dd2 to practice
  • dinner: garlic shrimp and pasta

Have a great day!

Getting cars back is awesome!

• Like 5

Amy, I will pray for y'all and your dad. 

Jean, I hope the testing results are helpful! 

My list is short and I really need to fit more in today. We leave for a weekend out of town tomorrow at noon and I am not nearly ready!

• School  
  • Buy new shoes for Ds?
  • Prep cooking?
  • Grocery?
  • Drop kids at my mom's.  
  • Shop at consignment sale  
  • AHG meeting
  • make grocery list and general to-do list for tomorrow  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Praying for all who have trouble sleeping. That is the worst.

And popcorn in the teeth is the second worst.  It happens to me a lot due to my crooked teeth.  I bought some hack dentist instruments to help deal with it.  Lacking that, I have been known to try a straight pin or needle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday, folks.  Need to get busy and make things happen!  I told my boss all the "people" I had to interact with this week has me exhausted.  Boss isn't impressed.

Tomorrow is another work deadline - and I really should have had a lot of the stuff done before today but ... people ... travel ... kids starting school ... getting old ....

So... done:

• Kids up & off to school bus.  Dressed for scouts and carrying what's needed for gym and volleyball.
  • Took a nap.  Shoot me.
  • Caught up on news, emails, social media.
  • Looked into issue with international donation not going through.
  • Discussed vacation plans for next April.
  • Coffeeing up.

To do:

• Lots of work.  Send out invoices, complete overdue accounting, make cash transfers, review client docs, etc.
  • Yoga.
  • Walk / run.
  • Bills.
  • Fill out AHG health forms, ugh.
  • Pack AHG stuff into car.
  • Pick up kids from volleyball, feed them something, have them fill out any summer volunteering they've done, and get them to the first AHG meeting of the year.
  • Kids' homework.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 5

Sent a total of 1 work email so far (not good).

Made weekend plans.

Signed 1 kid up for a series of kid races (1 mile each).  I figure they will be good practice for the 5Ks.  Fall cross country team is not available to her right now.

• Like 4

Well I got some invoices out and was getting on a roll.

Then I just found out I might be the only PI/PA "leader" at AHG tonight.  My eldest just crossed over and this is her first PI/PA meeting and hence my first also.  I pretty much know nothing.  We have a bunch of new families visiting and I'm supposed to help them understand what we do, and also guide the girls through a discussion about what to do at camp 2.5 weeks from now.  Help, LOL.

• Like 2