Menu

Starting new school year today... and my NINETEENTH year of homeschooling!

I hope you have a great year!  I think this is our 10th year, but I'm losing count.  I have 15 more to go.

I'm teaching 5 this year and next year.  After that just 4 for one year...and then 3 for awhile.  Whew!  Teaching the younger 3 will be a big weight off my shoulders.  My oldest two have always been very difficult to teach (they're the reason we started homeschooling in the first place), so it will be good when they start college.  Let their professors deal with it...Good luck, Professors!  *evil laugh*   

• Like 2

Way to go!

I was over the moon when I made it to my halfway point. Just started Year 13 here. 10 to go. This is my last year (hopefully) with five at home. (However, I can't actually teach 5. My limit is about 3, so I have to outsource some.)

• Like 1

Starting year 12 here - I think that makes me a newbie.

But this is the last year for me.  DD17 graduates in the spring and we are done.  We will still have a college kid living at home for a few years as DS22 is on the long road for college, but it will be time for a change for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats!!!

I'm not great at keeping track.  I guess I call this Year 12, though we tried a cyber charter in "Year 1" to get our feet wet.  My youngest is 7, so I've been counting 11 more years to 18, but I still haven't put him, with his December birthday, "in a grade". I might be able to get away with 10 more years.  Who knows?

I can't stop thinking about how weird it will be to only have the two boys to teach in 3 more years! They're going to hate my increased ability to focus on them, lol.

• Like 1

This is so awesome.  I just realized that my youngest will be going into prek when my oldest is graduating...unless we have a new little one down the road?.  I find it comforting because I really don't want an empty nest...maybe by the time my youngest is graduating I can do classes with some of my grandkids and free tutoring for kids from the community in reading and mathematics.?

Brenda

• Like 1