Menu

What's with the ads?

myblessings4

If You Don't Have Cable, But Watch NFL Games, How?

We haven't had cable, but we have sling and Amazon fire, etc.  How can we catch all of the nfl games?  Thursday nights are on amazon, but I'm wondering about the rest.

Thanks!

We watch on Sundays on network. Fox has a couple games on each Sunday 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. CBS has games on, too. And NBC has games on at 5:30 on Sunday. All these times are Pacific Standard Time, so you must check your local listings. This hasn’t started yet, though.

Go Raiders!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

When possible, we watch using our antenna.  We are now out of market for our team, so it's not always possible to use the antenna.  But next week's pre-season game and the first game of the season are against the in market team so we will be able to catch those two on the CBS broadcast station.  

Sunday night games will be available on the broadcast NBC station.  If you do not have an antenna at all, you can use the NBC sports app on your streaming device (roku, fire stick, etc.)  and if you have something like Sling or DirectTV now or a few others, you can use that to sign into the app to get the Sunday night games.

Monday Night games are on ESPN, which we have through Sling.  Other services like Directv now also have ESPN.

I have heard CBSAll Access will have the cbs games, but only in market, just like broadcast.  Our biggest issue is being out of market.

So...........................................we bootleg.  

We have an antenna and just watch the games on the regular broadcast networks, usually Fox and CBS.

We are not big NFL people, though we watch the Titans often enough. Dh loves SEC football and fewer of those game sare on network tv. 

Husband watches all the local team's games over the antenna. If it's not broadcast, we don't watch it.

He did ask me to order DirecTV now for basketball season, as those games are almost never broadcast.

What is an NFL pass? And NFL games on Amazon on Thursdays? How do you access this?

We don't have cable. We have nothing. Well, we do have an antennae thing in the attic, but it doesn't pick up well at all. My husband would love to be able to watch games. Doesn't look like the basic (cheap) plans for Sling, etc. include any channel you can watch NFL on.

Sling Blue has the NFL network. Do you not have Sling Blue? That should give you all the NFL games, shouldn't it? I currently have a tab open for Sling because I'm trying to decide if I want to shell out the money for Sling Blue so I can watch the NFL network. Or do I want to go bigger, get both blue and orange and have ESPN as well so I can watch college games, too? Or do I just settle for whatever I can catch on network? 

When DH was researching cable/satellite alternatives he found that YouTubeTV had by far the best sports coverage. So that’s what we have. I can’t specifically answer regarding football because we just got it a few months ago and so haven’t been through a football season yet. The coverage of other sporting events so far has been fine—really the same as when we had DirecTV. So I don’t anticipate a problem with football coverage. 

Sling Blue has NFL Network but Sling Orange has ESPN which is what Monday Night Football is on.  They are both $25 for now.  It used to be that orange was $20, but the price recently went up.  I wouldn’t be surprised if blue goes up to $30 in a few months.