Menu

Dyslexia, speechify, anyone tried it, great story!

A dyslexic guy invented it, the basic app is free, looks like it could be useful for many here.  

Here is the story, he turned his disability into an asset, very motivational!

"My goal now is that every dyslexic kid in the world has access to Speechify," he said. "It started off as a product to help me do my work. But every time I showed it to someone else, they asked for a copy.

https://www.brown.edu/academics/engineering/news/2017-01/cliff-weitzmans-’16-text-speech-app-garners-national-acclaim

There are some other articles out there that go into more details about his struggles with dyslexia, but this is a good overview.

Here is a website for speechify:

https://www.getspeechify.com

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, summerreading said:

Thank you! I was just about to purchase a TTS app.

Let us know what you think!  It does have in-app purchases for extended use, but it looks like you get a fair amount free, and the language sounds better than most.

Edited by ElizabethB

• 2 weeks later...
On September 4, 2018 at 11:29 AM, 1shortmomto4 said:

My dd is using (college coursework) and loving it thus far!  She has not been successful in getting it to work on her Ipad or Apple PC but phone ap is working.

Cool! 

You can have her try the phone version of the app on her iPad instead of the iPad version if she hasn't tried that already.