Menu

Someone in my family who will remain nameless

sassenach

I'm sorry it's irritating, but if this person has a smartphone it's MUCH easier to use speakerphone when you must dial in account numbers and confirm information.  I do that too.  Not that I LEAVE it on speaker if there are people around.  If that's the case, have them turn the volume down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katy said:

I'm sorry it's irritating, but if this person has a smartphone it's MUCH easier to use speakerphone when you must dial in account numbers and confirm information.  I do that too.  Not that I LEAVE it on speaker if there are people around.  If that's the case, have them turn the volume down.

Oh yeah, I do that, too. It's more like we alll get to sit on hold for 10 minutes, volume on full blast. 

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

My DH does this.  And no, he doesn't turn off the speaker once he has punched in account numbers.  He ordred pizza the other day on speaker phone.  I don't know why he felt he needed to order pizza on speaker phone.  

Yup ?

I have a couple housemates who do that with many conference calls.  It is annoying and stressful to me.  Not only do I have to hear everything loudly while I'm trying to eat breakfast etc., I feel like I need to keep myself and my kids quiet.  It would be different if this were actually necessary, but it isn't.  The worst is when they camp out in the kitchen to work.  Then shoot me a look when I run water or make coffee.  ?

2 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

My DH does this.  And no, he doesn't turn off the speaker once he has punched in account numbers.  He ordred pizza the other day on speaker phone.  I don't know why he felt he needed to order pizza on speaker phone.  

Especially when you can order through the internet.  ? 

3 hours ago, sassenach said:

Puts all calls to companies on speaker. We all get to experience the hold music, the punching of buttons, the giving of account numbers. For why? No one knows. 

Currently, I am down the hall, in the bathroom, and can STILL hear the entire transaction. 

When these things happen, it’s clear that the offender needs to learn a valuable lesson. As such, it is your responsibility to squirt the offender with a water gun. Repeatedly if necessary.

Catch him in the act or he’ll never learn. ?

• Haha 2