Menu

Dds start college this week

HollyDay

I could use some understanding and encouragement. 

Oldest dd, who did 2 years at local CC and lived at home, will be moving away to college this week.  ? I am so proud of her!!  International Dean's List, Phi Theta Kappa, received 2nd highest non athletic scholarship her chosen university awards......And she is moving away....mom's heart is both thrilled for her, but sad for me....

Youngest dd will be going back to CC this week.  She is also doing amazingly well (highest score on math final for her class in the entire department!!).  She is taking more classes this coming semester than last semester.  She is moving on which makes me thrilled and proud.

But my homeschool days are gone.  Dc are moving on.  These are good things.  They should move on and I couldn't be happier for them.  I'm just feeling nostalgic and a bit weepy.

Anyone else BTDT

• Like 1

congrats to your dd.   you'll hear from her.    small care pkgs can be fun to put together.  silly things.

part of me would like to know what it's like to not have kids at home . . . .i've heard about this thing called "empty-nest" .  . . .  

5 hours ago, HollyDay said:

I could use some understanding and encouragement. 

Oldest dd, who did 2 years at local CC and lived at home, will be moving away to college this week.  ? I am so proud of her!!  International Dean's List, Phi Theta Kappa, received 2nd highest non athletic scholarship her chosen university awards......And she is moving away....mom's heart is both thrilled for her, but sad for me....

Youngest dd will be going back to CC this week.  She is also doing amazingly well (highest score on math final for her class in the entire department!!).  She is taking more classes this coming semester than last semester.  She is moving on which makes me thrilled and proud.

But my homeschool days are gone.  Dc are moving on.  These are good things.  They should move on and I couldn't be happier for them.  I'm just feeling nostalgic and a bit weepy.

Anyone else BTDT

Right there with you Ds starts CC classes tomorrow.  I am thrilled for him and sad too.  But life goes on.