Menu

Quick common app question

kirag714

My daughter started her common app today and listed me as her counselor. I was expecting to get an e-mail from them right away since I was thinking it was probably an "automatic" message - in fact the main reason I wanted her to start it ASAP was so that I could get going on my part of things. However, it's been about a half hour and no e-mail. Does it generally take a bit of time to hear back from them, and if so how long should I expect? Or should I be concerned if I didn't get it right away? She only completed the first few pages of it but I assumed that she would not need to plow through the whole thing in order for me to hear from them. 

We've just started and I'm already freaking out lol . . . (she's my 4th kid but first homeschooler)

1 hour ago, kirag714 said:

My daughter started her common app today and listed me as her counselor. I was expecting to get an e-mail from them right away since I was thinking it was probably an "automatic" message - in fact the main reason I wanted her to start it ASAP was so that I could get going on my part of things. However, it's been about a half hour and no e-mail. Does it generally take a bit of time to hear back from them, and if so how long should I expect? Or should I be concerned if I didn't get it right away? She only completed the first few pages of it but I assumed that she would not need to plow through the whole thing in order for me to hear from them. 

We've just started and I'm already freaking out lol . . . (she's my 4th kid but first homeschooler)

There might be a two step process where she puts in your info and then requests a recommendation.

I found it helpful to have my own practice account to be able to see what combinations were required to generate various prompts.

2 minutes ago, Sebastian (a lady) said:

There might be a two step process where she puts in your info and then requests a recommendation.

I found it helpful to have my own practice account to be able to see what combinations were required to generate various prompts.

Yes I tried to do that a few months ago, but hit a snag. That was super helpful though :) - I remembered that we needed to add a school first and then request the recommendation from that page. Thank you so much!