Menu

What's with the ads?

happysmileylady

Did you know about this National Parks program?

https://www.everykidinapark.gov/

It's a pass specifically for 4th graders only.......HOWEVER, it includes every child under the age of 16 and up to 3 adults in the family.  The pass for this year is good until August 31st 2019.  Not all NPs charge admission and this pass is not good for ALL the things available at the park, such as camping fees or special tours etc.  It does specifically say 4th graders or home school equivilant.  And it doesn't look like you have to verify anything.  

I am going to sign DD9 up, and then in 2 yrs, I will have another 4th grader.  And another 2 yrs after that.  This is pretty cool.  

• Like 6

We are planning on it, too. Our state also has a fourth graders ski free program. It's worth checking out other rec opportunities. 

We have had two great vacations with 4th grade passes. The rangers have been great with the kids, the pass goes to directly to them and they need to present it.  Sadly, I’m out of 4th graders.

Edited by Acorn

Yes, this program has been going on for several years. All the National Parks around me are free but we were able to use it in the Badlands last summer. It’s a great program if you are planning to travel or if you live near a park that isn’t free. 

Yes, we used this in the Badlands three years ago. I'm glad to hear this program still exists. We should be able to use it in Yellowstone this fall!

Yes, I know about it because my husband works for the National Park Service and we live inside a national park.  ?

• Like 1