Menu

MiddleBury Interactive Teacher Support?

Looking into taking AP Spanish wit MiddleBury. There is no selfpaced version, so it comes with teacher support -- does anyone know exactly what that means? 

Under their FAQ, they state that "Middlebury Interactive teachers serve a similar role as typical classroom teachers. Our teachers guide students in their learning by providing ongoing support, communication and encouragement, as well as feedback in personalized feedback on speaking and writing assignments. They quickly establish a strong rapport with students and continue to engage and assist them throughout the course. Middlebury Interactive's teachers are state-certified, highly proficient second-language users."

I still am unclear. Is it similar to Homeschool Spanish Academy where there is live interaction or are they really only there for grading and providing help when needed? I'm hoping the latter. I really want something more hands off and self-paced because Spanish is not a strong suit -- will most likely not take the AP exam in May. One on one dicussion is a weak point and it'd cause a ton of stress so that's what I'm trying to avoid. I know there are other options but I am following a-g (California resident) and my charter school will fund to *only* approved online vendors so I'm very limited.

Edited by satellite